Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are your reasons for not vaccinating your kids?

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 2:59 PM
  • 8 Replies

Hello, we're looking to hear moms' reasons why they did not vaccinate their kids. Did one of your kids have a bad reaction to a vaccine in the past? Or does your child suffer from a health issue that prevents him from getting vaccines? Did you hear or research something that made you realize your kids are better off without vaccines?  Please tell us your reasons and your story behind it, and your answers may appear in an upcoming post on The Stir. You can remain completely anonymous if you wish, or if you're comfortable sharing please also include the #/age of your kids, and your age and/or name. Thanks so much!

by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 2:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 6:54 PM

I did all the vaccinations to stay with my pediatrician whom I love to death....until he turned 4...then they gave me the option on certain I refused the flu shot and one more other vaccination.

I found that the flu shot only protected against a very small percentage of flu viruses all of which were mostly lethal to younger children and seniors....which no longer applied to my guy. I also worry about the chemicals in his system...the effects seem worse than the alternative.

I did research...and for every document that I read that said it was terrible to get your kids vaccinated...I also found a document saying how it was essential to get your child vaccinated... there is so much out there that contradicts each other study...its confusing. To me the safest bet was not to vaccinate at all.

This year I am considering vaccinations, but I am still unsure.

No negative feedback please.

by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 8:14 PM

We do all vaccines on time except flu shots. I have done my research and I know that some people fear that their kids with be autistic but dh and I feel that the benefits out way the bad so we vaccinate.

by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 8:37 PM

Seriously - you're going to do an article on The Stir featuring all the mis-information and fear that is driving a small segment of the population from not vacinatting their kids, which is putting the lives of all those who can't be immunized in jeapardy (infants, cerebral palsy kids, etc)? 

That would be completely irresponsible of CafeMom.

The only reason the kids of that small segment of the population aren't dying from these completely preventable highly dangerous highly communicable diseases is because the rest of us do the right thing, the scientifically based thing, the non-hysterical thing.

There is no relationship between vacinations and autism. There are some extremely small fraction of the population that does have side effects or a bad reaction to some immunizations, but autism is not a possible resulting outcome. We have got to put that to rest, people.

So - yes, there is a small, very small percentage of immunizations that result in a side effect. But the vast majority of the population does not experience that. So - as long as a very high percentage of us do the right thing and immunize, there is very little to no chance that those who do the 'i'm only in this for myself' thing will suffer the devastating effects of the diseases they refuse to protect their child from. But if their child does get sick with one of these diseases, they put the lives of those who can't get immunized in danger. Tragedy of the commons.

by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 10:19 PM
This will be interesting
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 11:26 PM

We did vaccines. I have several friends that choose not to. They worry that the vaccines cause health problems.

by on Feb. 5, 2015 at 12:24 AM

We did all the vaccines.

by on Feb. 5, 2015 at 12:49 AM

I've done loads of research and spoken to my doctor at length about vaccination and it isn't right for my family.  No other reasons needed.

by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2015 at 7:30 AM

I have vaccinated both my children for the main diseases, measles, mumps, polio, etc.. but I will not vaccinate for anything else.

Being vaccinated only boost our natural defenses (apparently for a short time) it does not guarantee you will not get sick and I quote:

The World Health Organization (WHO) underscored this fact in their report titled, Immunization, Vaccines and Biological. They wrote that, “Children under two years of age do not consistently develop immunity following vaccination.” Therefore, vaccines can fly “below the radar” of our immune system (

I allowed my children to be vaccinated just so they wouldn't have a hard time getting into school, not because I believe in the vaccines. I hate the fact that the government has any say in this matter, but I understand why other mothers that believe in what the pharmaceutical empires are saying would feel the need to take care of their children in the way they think is the best.

I would never vaccinate my children for things like flu, which does not work, and who knows what they are putting in you, or the ovarian cancer one. I would want my children to have as least toxins and foreign men made things in them as possible and allow their bodies to do what God has made them capable of doing. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)