Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it wrong?

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 4:18 PM
  • 12 Replies
I'm so unhappy in my relationship. My SO has been so angry & mean lately. He freaked out on me earlier for no reason, it was scary. He apologized & whatever. Which meant nothing to me. I've been a SAHM but just got offered a job. I can't work for another 4 weeks for my background to come back. I think this relationship is over I wanted it to work especially for our child. But I don't want to bring my child up in an unhealthy enviroment. Today he yelled at me infront of our one year old :( I feel like I need to leave now.. but then the other part feels like I just need to emotionally/mentally check out until I have some income coming in & just leave one day when I'm finacially able. I don't feel like he's ever gonna change. :/
by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 4:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
a_and_j_momma
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2015 at 1:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Just think about your child and how you are teaching him/her what a relationship is supposed to be like. Have you asked him to do counseling?
goddess99
by on Feb. 5, 2015 at 7:54 AM

Do you and your child have a place to go if you decide to leave? Could you get help until this job comes through? If you can, I would leave now.

Apr1l
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2015 at 8:14 AM
Hmm that's rough and being yelled at isn't good :/
What's he yelling about? Maybe u guys need to have a talk
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jadegirl1819
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2015 at 8:16 AM

Personally, I would wait until I have an income and able to afford a place.

LaniBee
by on Feb. 5, 2015 at 8:16 AM

Have you talked to him about what's going on? Is he under some kind of pressure or stress that is making him irritable or is this the norm? Is counseling an option to try to save the relationship?

virginiamama71
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2015 at 9:40 AM

if you can hang on until you have steady income it will help you when you decide to move on. 

lil_mama06
by on Feb. 5, 2015 at 10:36 AM

I agree....

Quoting goddess99:

Do you and your child have a place to go if you decide to leave? Could you get help until this job comes through? If you can, I would leave now.

lil_mama06
by on Feb. 5, 2015 at 10:39 AM

My friend lost her 3 kids to her ex because she didn't listen to me and get a job first...She left him with nowhere to go and no job...So now he has full custody of them...(He had the house and job ofcourse) I still don't know what she was thinking...

Quoting virginiamama71:

if you can hang on until you have steady income it will help you when you decide to move on. 

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Feb. 5, 2015 at 10:43 AM

I'm sorry you are going through a rough time. Sounds like you may have to hang in there a bit until you have an income. I hope things get better for you, soon.

virginiamama71
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2015 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this

It's easier for one person to make a move with little to no money and no job. But if someone is doing this with one or more children they need a plan that includes a job, reliable childcare with reliable backups and some savings. There are programs to help but if someone can do alot on their own before leaving it makes it alot easier.

Quoting lil_mama06:

My friend lost her 3 kids to her ex because she didn't listen to me and get a job first...She left him with nowhere to go and no job...So now he has full custody of them...(He had the house and job ofcourse) I still don't know what she was thinking...

Quoting virginiamama71:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)