Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

contempt????

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 9:45 PM
  • 18 Replies
We were starting week night visits this week. I forgot and my x never txt. He thought I would have to go get ds the morning after and take him to school. The lawyer set him straight and told him that while the child is in his care he is responsible for transportation to school.

Can this be contempt if I honestly forgot??
by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
a_and_j_momma
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2015 at 1:23 AM
I'm sure a judge would understand an honest mistake, especially when new
AngelLovingLife
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2015 at 1:24 AM
Yes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
teenmom0305
by Member on Feb. 5, 2015 at 4:23 AM
Isnt contempt knowingly defying a co??

Quoting AngelLovingLife: Yes.
AngelLovingLife
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2015 at 4:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Contempt is disregarding a CO. The why doesn't matter, if your ex pursues it. The judge has no way of knowing the intention behind the failure, just that it happened.

Quoting teenmom0305: Isnt contempt knowingly defying a co??

Quoting AngelLovingLife: Yes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WrongWayDiva
by Member on Feb. 5, 2015 at 10:30 AM

What does your court order say about weeknight visits?   Are you supposed to drop off or is Ex supposed to pick up?   

teenmom0305
by Member on Feb. 5, 2015 at 11:25 AM
Nothing is stated about x dropping ds off at school but it says that his needs are to be met by the parent who has him at that time.
For eowe we meet at a halfway point. We live 90mi from each other

Quoting WrongWayDiva:

What does your court order say about weeknight visits?   Are you supposed to drop off or is Ex supposed to pick up?   

NBVP1
by Member on Feb. 5, 2015 at 11:28 AM
Why would you pick him up to take him to school if he spent the night with his dad? That seems kind of stupid. And lazy on his part.
teenmom0305
by Member on Feb. 5, 2015 at 11:29 AM
And I have a dd as well

Quoting NBVP1: Why would you pick him up to take him to school if he spent the night with his dad? That seems kind of stupid. And lazy on his part.
WrongWayDiva
by Member on Feb. 5, 2015 at 11:32 AM

Sorry, I meant, what does the court order say about the beginning of the weeknight visits--who is to pick up or drop off?   If you are supposed to drop ds off at dad's, then yes, you are in contempt even if you "forgot".   If he is supposed to pick up, but didn't show up, then no, neither of you is in contempt.   

If there is nothing in the court order about pick ups/drop offs then I would go back to court to get everything spelled out.   A court order protects you both--my DD's court order is so horribly written *visitation as agreed* that there are nothing but fights every time, so I, as Grandma, usually do the exchanges until they can get back in front of a judge.   

teenmom0305
by Member on Feb. 5, 2015 at 11:38 AM
We are to meet and exchange ds on wed evening as usual.

Quoting WrongWayDiva:

Sorry, I meant, what does the court order say about the beginning of the weeknight visits--who is to pick up or drop off?   If you are supposed to drop ds off at dad's, then yes, you are in contempt even if you "forgot".   If he is supposed to pick up, but didn't show up, then no, neither of you is in contempt.   

If there is nothing in the court order about pick ups/drop offs then I would go back to court to get everything spelled out.   A court order protects you both--my DD's court order is so horribly written *visitation as agreed* that there are nothing but fights every time, so I, as Grandma, usually do the exchanges until they can get back in front of a judge.   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)