Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

rash on 3 month old!

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 11:59 PM
  • 19 Replies

Mobile Photo

My daughter has this bumpy rash. She doesn't seem to be bothered by it but it broke out yesterday and hasn't changed so I'm wondering what it could be. I have really sensitive skin so she might as well and my 3 year old son has no sign of a rash. Neither kids are in daycare and rarely see other kids that aren't in immediate family. Any answers would be appreciated. Thanks. ☺
by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 11:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by on Feb. 5, 2015 at 7:57 AM

Watch it, if it spreads or she becomes bothered by it then call her doctor.

bresmommy21
by Member on Feb. 5, 2015 at 8:08 AM

Very possible it is a contact rash. Have you changed any thing (laundry soap, softener, baby soap) My daughter had a severe contact rash on her face when she was 2 mnths old.

Apr1l
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2015 at 8:15 AM
Maybe heat/moisture rash
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LaniBee
by on Feb. 5, 2015 at 8:21 AM

Could be something irritating her if she has senstive skin. I would keep an eye out and if it changes or becomes bothersome, call the doctor. 

athena-
by New Member on Feb. 5, 2015 at 8:33 AM
Thanks everyone. That's what I thought but I wanted a second opinion. I will definitely watch it and she has an appointment with a new Dr very soon. Thanks!
mommie1012
by on Feb. 5, 2015 at 9:15 AM

My daughters have very sensitive skin as well. They sometimes breakout with a yeast infection, but its not what you think. The infection is on the outside and on the skin. It's where their body can't process the yeast they injest so it causes a rash. I have medication that I got from their doctor. Its called nystatin ointment usp. It works wonders. Maybe thats what is on your baby or it could be from laundry detergent or bathsoaps. Good luck and I hope it goes away very soon.

MusherMaggie
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2015 at 9:15 AM
If you're nursing, put some breastmilk on it and let it dry. Coconut oil is also helpful.
theboyfactory
by on Feb. 5, 2015 at 9:17 AM
Is it all over her body?

That looks like the typical rash that kids get after they have just recovered from a virus. If she has a any signs of illness in the past week or so, even if mild, that's probably what it is.
MusherMaggie
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2015 at 9:20 AM
Put some breastmilk on it if you're nursing. Coconut oil is also helpful.
athena-
by New Member on Feb. 5, 2015 at 9:54 AM
Been usng coconut oil but why I didn't think if breastmilk I don't know.*face palm*

Quoting MusherMaggie: Put some breastmilk on it if you're nursing. Coconut oil is also helpful.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)