Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What does your tween/teen eat for breakfast on school days?

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 7:57 AM
  • 10 Replies

If you have a tween/teen, what do you they eat for breakfast on school days? Do you make it? Or do they?

by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 7:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs_Boho
by Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 8:04 AM
Dd is pretty much 13, she cooks breakfast in her classroom at school, for herself and her entire school.

She's in a sn class and their class is in charge of Breakfast Club, so its whatever they have on the menus that day.

Breakfast club is not a school board funded program, the teachers and staff of her school pay out of pocket for this program.

Today was : French toast fingers, bacon , diced fruit, cold cereal and oatmeal are always options as well. They get milk (w/c) orange juice, apple juice, water or green tea to choose from for drinks.

So yes she makes her own breakfast, at home and at school! Lol
amje
by Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 8:08 AM
My 11yo dd likes oatmeal for breakfast most mornings. She can't stand the instant kind, but I'll throw in raisins, bananas, or berries for sweetness. She likes French toast, too. I cook breakfast.
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 9:04 AM

I usually made breakfast . I was  at home and wanted to make sure they ate.

Pancakes or french toast

grilled bagels

oatmeal

cold cereal

eggs , bacon & toast

With juice/ milk/ cocoa and fresh fruiut

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

a_and_j_momma
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 9:49 AM
What doesn't he eat? Lol

I make stuff for the week on Sunday's. This week he can choose between lemon cherry cinnamon rolls or Apple pancakes. He also has instant choices (oatmeal, cereal, hot pockets, toaster strudels) but usually opts for what I make bc it is better lol. I usually will make egg cups or something too or he will make scrambled eggs
ladyvamp5489
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 9:50 AM

my kids eat the free breakfast at their school.

chicken13
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:27 AM

Dd is almost 15.  We stick to protein rich breakfasts....so....eggs, meat, toast.  A lot of egg sandwiches and breakfast tacos lately.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this

*LIKE*

That is so fun!   :)

Quoting Mrs_Boho: Dd is pretty much 13, she cooks breakfast in her classroom at school, for herself and her entire school. She's in a sn class and their class is in charge of Breakfast Club, so its whatever they have on the menus that day. Breakfast club is not a school board funded program, the teachers and staff of her school pay out of pocket for this program. Today was : French toast fingers, bacon , diced fruit, cold cereal and oatmeal are always options as well. They get milk (w/c) orange juice, apple juice, water or green tea to choose from for drinks. So yes she makes her own breakfast, at home and at school! Lol

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:04 AM

My girls are only 6&8, and most of the time they grab cereal, or toast, or fruit, yogurt, etc. Sometimes daddy will make his breakfast and leave them some to warm up after he's gone to work.

fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:16 AM

Nothing, they hate breakfast.  I do not make them breakfast and haven't since they were 5.  If they are oddly hungry any random day they can get it at school. 

jewels.unicorn
by Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:21 AM

Normally my teens eat nothing, they are never up on time - no matter how early I start them and are rushing out the door to catch a bus.

I make them a cup of tea and offer them a cereal bar or muffin or bagel, but a lot of times when I make it, b/c I have to leave for work before they leave, it sits on the counter until they get home :(

My tweens usually make themselves a bowl of cereal or oatmeal or toast/bagel. They are pretty self sufficient when it comes to breakfast. They also have a breakfast program at school where they can grab a bite to eat if they leave the house early enough. They used to go just to hang out with friends, lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)