Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have a...

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 6:41 PM
  • 19 Replies

Set daily schedule for....
-Waking up
-Exercise
-Chores
-Dinner
-Bedtime

I have to admit that I am not a very organized person, but feel that I need to start a change.
I can say that laundry is the only routine I have. I go to my in laws house on every Thursday to do 3 to 4 loads.
I need to be more a more productive SAHM!

If any of you do have a daily routine, would you mind sharing with me.

Follow Me on Pinterest   | Twitter | Tumblr

by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 6:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
smellycat97
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this
No I don't
ceciliam
by Cecilia on Feb. 18, 2015 at 7:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Basically, we are up at 7am. From 7-8:30 we do showers, get dressed, feed the cat & dog, make breakfast and then I bring my son to school.

When I get back I work-out, except for Wednesday because I do a morning club with my son, so I get in regular clothes to start my day, instead of work-out clothes.

Then from there, everyday has a different set of chores besides the daily stuff. Daily stuff in my house is vacuum, dishes, mop kitchen, wipe counters and prepare dinner.

• Monday: bathrooms and wash bedding
  • Tuesday: Dust mop and clean all hardwood floor areas (they still get vacuumed daily)
  • Wednesday: Change litter
  • Thursday: Laundry
  • Friday: Dust

Housework is from 10am-11am

11am to 3:15pm is my time to work on my home business ventures, home projects and play on CM. Basically, do whatever I want. :)

Then I pick up my son and start on dinner while he has a snack and does homework.

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 7:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes and no.

I am in nursing school so my week days are pretty structured, so I try to not structure my weekends.
.KFeatherable.
by Kristyn on Feb. 18, 2015 at 7:26 PM

Thank you for showing your schedule. I really need to stop procrastinating and get my butt in gear!

Quoting ceciliam:

Basically, we are up at 7am. From 7-8:30 we do showers, get dressed, feed the cat & dog, make breakfast and then I bring my son to school.

When I get back I work-out, except for Wednesday because I do a morning club with my son, so I get in regular clothes to start my day, instead of work-out clothes.

Then from there, everyday has a different set of chores besides the daily stuff. Daily stuff in my house is vacuum, dishes, mop kitchen, wipe counters and prepare dinner.

• Monday: bathrooms and wash bedding
  • Tuesday: Dust mop and clean all hardwood floor areas (they still get vacuumed daily)
  • Wednesday: Change litter
  • Thursday: Laundry
  • Friday: Dust

Housework is from 10am-11am

11am to 3:15pm is my time to work on my home business ventures, home projects and play on CM. Basically, do whatever I want. :)

Then I pick up my son and start on dinner while he has a snack and does homework.

anotherandree
by Inga on Feb. 18, 2015 at 7:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes and no.  My mother was MILITANT about schedules (she did towels on Monday, sheets on Thursday, lawn needed to be raked of leaves twice a day from October 1 to November 15th but only once per day from September 15 until October 1) but I can certainly see the value in them.  

I usually get up with the kids on weekdays but sleep until 9 on weekends.  I am usually in bed (reading or watching TV) by 8 on most days but we don't go to sleep until like 11.  I try to have my chores done by noon just because I LOVE having the rest of the day to enjoy the sunshine!

ambcortez
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 7:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes.

9am: Alarm goes off. get up and get breakfast together. Kids are usually already up or just waking up.

10:30-2:30: Start school work. Normally, I would do my workout for 10 mins once the kids are working on assignments. This time is also when I do chores or work on a project.

2:30: School finished, sometimes earlier. Serve lunch.

2:30-6: The kids do whatever, I take a nap for an hour (pregnant).

6-6:30 get dinner ready, kids do homework.

between 7-9, kids take a bath and watch a movie or a show or play a game.

10pm: Kids go to bed. Dh and I watch an episode of a show or watch a movie.

11:30pm: Dh and I go to bed.

ETA: I wash beddings on Sundays and clothes on Wednesdays.

sabrtooth1
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, I wasn't OCD about it, but since I worked full time my entire life, yes, I had a schedule.  I had to get up early enough to get everyone up, functioning, and out the door, get the kids to daycare or before-care, and get myself to work on time.  Whoever picked up the kids, started dinner.  When the other one got home, we'd finish dinner, finish homework, baths, a little TV and bed for the kids.  Clean the kitchen, pick up the toys, walk the dogs, maybe mop a floor or wash a bathroom.  Wash a load of laundry, toss in the dryer next morning, fold after work and wash another.  If all that wasn't enough exercise, and after the kids were old enough to walk the dogs, and pitch in on other chores, I'd go for a run between dropping them off for school, and going to work.  On the weekends, we did everything else.  Our rule, first we work, then we play.

barbie_girl870
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 9:44 PM
We have some what of a schedule more like a routine
Courtney610
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 9:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm venturing into the working world, so I'm restructuring my schedules. (It's only been a few weeks after 7 years of being a sahm. It's an adjustment.)
annie2244
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 9:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't have a house cleaning schedule. Used to years ago. Now I really can't be bothered. My cleaning schedule now is straighten the house the night before the cleaners come, leave out an envelope with the cash, and put the key under the mat.

My routine otherwise is:

Get up at 6. Try to remember to, before getting out of bed, take 20 4 square breaths while I run through my day ahead, smile and think positive thoughts while I do.

Make a double expresso, and drink it while looking outside. I try not to sit down and start work on the computer, because then I never get around to doing the next thing.

Take the laptop to the treadmill which is at it's max incline level, so I can get a workout while not walking super fast (so I can type), log in what I ate and exercised yesterday onto the daily plate, and then do email and cafemom. 

At 7:10a if it's below zero windchill I drive the kids to their schools. If not, I add situps, planks, and pushups to my workout.

7:45 shower, make another expresso and eggwhite omelet, dry hair while putting on makeup (it's a comical but timesaving strategy). 

8:30  go to work.  Mondays and Fridays I work at home, and sometimes will go to a coffee shop midday to work if I fear I'll start to not work.  Tues/Wed/Thurs I go to my office 10 minutes away. I usually do my laundry on Mondays when I'm working at home.

Try to take 2 little stair climbing breaks during the day, and a 30 min walk after lunch, unless it's crazy hot or cold out.

2-5p (varies depending on meetings and kid schlepping needs) - leave work, run errands, kid schlepping, go home.

Vegetate with netfliks or a book  till 7:30 family dinner.

8-10 Do work on the computer while sorta watching netflix. (but I almost always stop by cm for a little session on my way to remoting in to my work desktop)

10 Go to bed. Listen to 'As it Happens' as I fall asleep.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)