Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is totally medium...right??

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 6:45 PM
  • 10 Replies

Mobile Photo

Husband and I had our Valentine dinner last night at a restaurant that one of his best friend's co-owns. I ordered my streak medium, it literally came charred. The marinade they used saved the flavor thankfully.

DH says not to tell the friend because he'll lose his mind and freak on the cook, I want him to know what's happening when he's at other restaurants (there are six around the city).

Should I tell him? Friend does have a work temper and most of his employees are terrified of him so I see where DH is coming from.

Edited to add: said friend is the executive chef of these restaurants.
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 6:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 6:54 PM

No you should have adressed the problem last night.

.KFeatherable.
by Kristyn on Feb. 18, 2015 at 7:16 PM

Same! If I had a problem with my meal, I would have said something right then and there!

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

MrBaldie
by Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 7:23 PM
I'm a pansy. Plus my MIL works there a couple lunch shifts a week, I didn't want to make a fuss and ultimately embarrass her. The meal was paid with a gift card we got for Christmas, too, so we didn't pay anything out of pocket.

Quoting .KFeatherable.:

Same! If I had a problem with my meal, I would have said something right then and there!

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

taylorsmom1987
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:15 PM
I agree

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Feb. 19, 2015 at 12:43 AM
I likely wouldn't have said anything in your position either.

beadingmom17
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2015 at 1:41 AM
That's tough. I have a friend who owns a pizza place and he always wants to know if something goes wrong, however, he uses the information constructively. He wouldn't go off on anyone. If he did, I'd probably hold off on saying anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
a_and_j_momma
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2015 at 1:49 AM
I wouldn't say anything now. You should have said something there and asked for a new steak
JTE11
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2015 at 1:47 PM

When you don't receive what you asked for, then you should bring it up to the cook/chef of the restaurant at the time of your meal. I hate doing that, too, but when you take the time to order something to be done a particular way, that's what you should get.  Cooking the perfect steak takes a little practice and it's easy to overcook when you're aiming for "medium" but that one looks like he put it on and just forgot about it. That can happen I suppose, but then he plated it and sent it out knowing it was supposed to be medium and it was charred; he's not even trying to do his job. I think I'd say something to the friend, even if he does blow up at the cook. It's his business the cook represents and I'd want to know if one of my employees was basically just phoning it in.

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Feb. 19, 2015 at 5:35 PM

It needs to be addressed at the time of meal.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

MrBaldie
by Member on Feb. 19, 2015 at 5:58 PM
Alright I'll keep it to myself, thanks!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)