Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child isn't sleeping, need suggestions!

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 8:36 PM
  • 22 Replies
My 8yr old DS doesn't sleep, it seems like he's never tired. He goes to bed around 9, is restless while I'm awake until around 11, then he comes into my room anywhere between 2-4 in the morning and is restless until he wakes up at 6:30. I've tried making him stay in his bed all night, but he still isn't getting a good night's rest. I don't get good sleep because he wakes me up when he comes into my room and keeps me awake with his restlessness. He's always cranky and irritable. He's ADHD and I'm wondering if the lack of sleep is contributing to his hyperactivity. Any suggestions on how to get him sleeping well through the night?
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 8:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
doodlesmom13
by Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 8:40 PM
Talk to his doctor about using melatonin it's a natural substance that is already in your body and it's what makes us all sleep
Madelaine
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2015 at 9:50 AM

Talk to his doctor and see what they suggest

AbbeysMom2013
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2015 at 10:24 AM
Is he havibg growing pains? Is something bugging him? Have big changes happened? How long has this been happening? What is his diet like, does he got a lot of processed food and sugar?
MistressMinerva
by on Feb. 19, 2015 at 10:40 AM

I would talk with the Dr. Good Luck!

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Feb. 19, 2015 at 10:41 AM
Talk to his doctor, I would get a sleep study.
MusherMaggie
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2015 at 10:59 AM
Do set some limits. He should not be allowed to come in and wake you. It sounds counterintuitive, but fix him a cup of regular coffee when he gets home from school. In children with ADHD, it helps them settle and focus, then wears off. Worked for both of mine.
LaniBee
by on Feb. 19, 2015 at 11:04 AM

Maybe try some melatonin.

goddess99
by on Feb. 19, 2015 at 11:45 AM

I agree with talking to his doctor.

Gabbysmom615
by on Feb. 19, 2015 at 11:55 AM

zarbees makes a natural sleep aid,  i had to use some on my 3yr old to get her ack on schedule it took about a week but it works. you can buy it at target and cvs

egyptian_mommy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2015 at 12:37 PM
That's what I was going to say as well.

Quoting doodlesmom13: Talk to his doctor about using melatonin it's a natural substance that is already in your body and it's what makes us all sleep
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)