Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Financial Housekeeping Challenge Day 3: Start a Piggy Bank

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:20 AM
  • 67 Replies

Thanks for signing up for the Financial Housekeeping Challenge!

Today we want you to start a Piggy Bank. Talk to your family about the idea of saving for the future.  Set a good example for your kids by saving a little each month.

Does your LO have a piggy bank? Where do you keep your spare change?

credit card

Remember, you must reply to all 10 of the activities to be eligible to win the grand prize! Sign up here if you haven't already.

by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2Boys9501
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:28 AM
Both my boys have piggy banks. Oldest has 2 and youngest has at least 5.
Even my husband has a few.
I have probably by this point close to 50. I collect them and hopefully will be getting another Friday.
pinkcsmtlgy
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:30 AM

Both of my boys have banks and I place my change in a jar. 

mama2b100808
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:32 AM

Oh Yes my daughter has a piggy bank. And we can our spare change in our own bank and we use that for Christmas. 

Gardeningmom4
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:40 AM

We actually have a change jar and a envelope that we keep emergency cash in.

JillyMichelley
by Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:40 AM
We actually have a ton of piggy banks at my house! 😂 My grandma was an avid piggy bank collector and at one point, had over 700 piggy banks! She died two years ago and we all picked out our favorite banks. :)

We have a piggy bank in my son's room, where he puts money that he gets, and DH and I have three we put loose change in. We also have a savings account for DS, where I have money automatically taken out of my paycheck and put into his. And of course, We have our own, but we've had to use it every month. Actually, Feburary was the only month I didn't empty it out. Nice to see something in it!!
Nikolaimylove
by Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:49 AM
My oldest has a piggy bank in the shape of a lions head. He saves up to buy toys like once a year. He used to get a quarter at my parents house when he picked up without asking or did something nice for his brother. I am not sure why that stopped but he loved it. I have two spots, one in my car which my husband feels the need to get into and one in a safe box in our room. I have had to get into that one quite a bit but I hope to save something at some point.
AJoh
by Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:54 AM
I need to start a bank for him. I just need to go buy one, its on my shopping list.
I keep my spare change in my car. Not useful so I never spend it.
Dzyre1115
by Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Beginning this past January we started a savings plan that increases by two dollars every week. The first week $2.00, the second week $4.00, the third week $6.00, and so on. It's working, we have saved $100 so far. I also began paying in cash, as not to overspend, and taking the change and stashing it in a jar. We've saved just over $14.00 so far....Little things, big savings.

Our Littles are savers. My eleven year old works, and saves all of her money, she has well over $450.00 saved, our youngest doesn't have any interest in spending, so he too saves all of his money.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ysmeine
by Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 9:09 AM

My kids are grown with bank acct of their own. I do have a jar I collect change in.

Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 4, 2015 at 9:14 AM

We put change in a box.  My sons have piggy banks. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)