Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

FTM Stockpiling. Have you tried these brands?

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 1:07 PM
  • 38 Replies

This is our first child,and I feel sort of lost with all of the options. I don't expect to receieve an excessive amount at our baby shower,so I am stocking up through size 3 just in case. I have been gathering diapers through a local program that allows you to recieve 24 diapers/week, clothing, gear, wipes, food, et cetera  for watching educational videos about pregnancy, birth, and infant care. Anyway, most of what I have been given are Pampers or Huggies,but a few of those listed below. I also expect I will receive a lot of Parent's Choice brand diapers at my baby shower since they're more for the money. Anyway, experiences with each? 

Lullabies Diapers and/or Wipes:  (Aldi) $0 .85/ 56ct unscented  wipes. $5.00/ 36 diapers (size 3+).

DG Baby: (Dollar General) $6.50/42 ct size 2.    Unscented baby wipes  $4.55/ 216ct.

Parent's Choice: (Wal-Mart) $20 / 160 ct size 2.

I'm not all about the brand,but I don't want to go in buying blind either. Some reviews would be helpful. I know my siblings were allergic to several and only used Huggies or Luvs. I suppose I could tape the receipt on each box and exchange if necessary. 

by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 1:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jd83
by Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 2:08 PM
3 moms liked this

Honestly, my advice would be to not stockpile on diapers unless you find them at an amazing price. For the exact reasons you listed. You don't know what brand will work best for your baby, and you don't know how fast your baby will grow. I stocked up on a ton of diapers with my older son, and most of them got used, so it was fine. A few of the boxes/brands didn't work for him though, and I ended up selling them for way less than I paid for them to get rid of since we couldn't use them.

I bought less to stock up with my younger son, but still ended up being too much of each size because he grew extremely fast compared to older son. I bought based on how long older son was in each size, and younger son is huge compared to him.

Your best bet would be to go buy gift cards with the money you would use for diapers, and put them aside to use for diapers when needed.

GallifreyanGirl
by New Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 2:22 PM

That is an amazing idea! Plus, it saves a lot of space. haha

AbbeysMom2013
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 2:30 PM
I didn't like pampers. Dd leaked out of them and they smell like dirt when she pees.

We used huggies or Kirkland based on what was on sale (Costco has a great price on diapers). But they changed the Kirkland brand and they gave dd a rash. So we only use huggies. Since she had a reaction I don't want to try different brands.
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Feb. 27, 2015 at 4:15 PM

Some babies any brand works. Others (like all three of mind) pampers only work.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Jukebox_Jenny
by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 4:18 PM
With DD the target brand was the ONLY one that worked without a mess every time she pooped.

With DS I used cloth.
egyptian_mommy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 5:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Lullabies wipes work as well as any. I haven't tried the diapers. As for diapers I agree with not buying too many. My first two could only use Luvs, Huggies or the Costco brand. Everything else gave them bad rashes. My third was even more sensitive so I started cloth with her. My youngest is in cloth full time but on the rare occasion that she's been in disposables she's been the same way. Your baby might not have issues with any rashes but the fit of certain ones may not work. Or you may get lucky and any diaper will work. You just never know.
delanna6two
by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 5:04 PM

I used Parent's Choice diapers, wipes and lotion products when mine were babies with no problems.  I still use the Parent's Choice lotions with my youngest.  I really like the store brand products.

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Feb. 27, 2015 at 5:48 PM

I used cloth diapers, and when we were away from home I used, Pampers Swaddlers. I'm not familiar with the other 3 brands that you listed, but I have heard of, Parent's Choice diapers.

illogicalkat
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 6:04 PM

The only disposable diapers that didn't give my son a blistering diaper rash were Pampers. I could only use pampers sensitive wipes on him, too.

My advice is the same as what you've been given: don't stock up on any brand, buy gift cards instead. You have no idea what your kid will be able to use (or what will work...sometimes those cheaper store brands just don't fit your baby's body type, and you'll get leaks no matter what.)

johnny4ever
by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 6:05 PM

I didnt stockpile until I tried them out first on my son.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)