Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is your marriage based entirely around your kids?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 9:43 AM
  • 17 Replies

Is your marriage kid-focused? Be honest. 

by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 9:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SlightlyPerfect
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 3:41 PM
OMG no.
sabrtooth1
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 3:54 PM
Been married 37 years, so obviously, no.
AngelLovingLife
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 5:26 PM
No, absolutely not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RavensRose
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 5:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope, our only child is 17 years old.  But even when he was little our marriage was not focused solely on or around him.  We have always held the belief that our relationship (mine/my DH) is the foundation of our family, it is to be strong, connected, harmonious, fulfilling and happy so that in turn our family is all of those things. Doing that meant our relationship was a priority throughout our son's life and we have given him a good foundation and understanding of how to have a lasting happy  marriage (or long term relationship).

coala
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 5:50 PM

We try hard for it not to be, but with my SO and my children involved in the same sport....it is hard to get away and spend time with just him.  I would love to get some "alone time", but it is hard to find a sitter.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Mar. 4, 2015 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes.

Life is life, and that's the way our cookie crumbled.

We got pregnant before we really knew each other, got married and had another kid and made a conscious effort to make this work for those girls, they need this.

We do fine. We have enough in common we're always moving forward.

Do I worry about the future when the kids are grown and gone? YES. All the time.

Do I work on that and make the most of we have? YES. Judge away.
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 11:53 PM
Married 30 years. No it is not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TranquilMind
by Member on Mar. 5, 2015 at 12:04 AM
No, we were together for years before the kids and will be alone again for decades more, God willing.
fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2015 at 12:07 AM

Yes, it is right now but we have still been together 18yrs and married 17yrs.  It simply is focused on them due to how many and how busy we are with them right now. 

Tay06
by Member on Mar. 5, 2015 at 12:08 AM

Not married, but yes and no as far as my relationship.  We focus a lot of what we do on weekends around my son, but we have date nights and spend a lot of time talking about "us".  We do things together and have our own separate relationship.  My son comes first though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)