Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sleeping threw the night? Yes or no?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:00 AM
  • 6 Replies

Mobile Photo

Ok so my one week old has been sleeping threw the night the last three nights. I looked it up and found info from both sides saying not to wake and also info on waking the baby. What concerned me enough to look it up on Google was thinking about how my son (now 2 1/2) NEVER slept and cried alot. She does eat alot during the day and she only sleeps threw the night of she is in her bed that's attached to my bed and I have my hand on her. If I put her in her bassinet she wakes up every couple of hours. She goes in for her 2 week check up next Monday so I will ask the doc but im wondering if im worried for nothing and need to count my blessings on this one or should I be waking her up to eat? I am breastfeeding if that makes a difference. Any advice will help!
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
pandabearvirgo
by Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:26 AM
Bump
SewingMamaLele
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 12:33 PM
Is she jaundiced at all? That would be my main concern.

I'd likely wake her every three hours or so... Don't even wake her, just tickle her mouth and try to get her to nurse every few hours, until the 2 week check up and she's gained at least 4oz above lowest and doesn't have jaundice.
PinkButterfly66
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 12:41 PM

As long as you have enough wet diapers and she's not jaundiced like SewingMama said, let her sleep and count your blessings.  My daughter slept through the night almost from the start too.  

Retrokitty
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 12:51 PM
My son did that.

My advice if you are breastfeeding wake baby.

Not because baby needs to wake up, but it honestly tanked my supply so bad.

Either that or pump.
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Mar. 4, 2015 at 2:13 PM
We follow baby's lead. No jaundice, diaper count excellent, etc we just follow her lead. My third sleeps some through he night.
pandabearvirgo
by Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 6:01 PM
What's the best way to check for jaundice? I only know about yellowing of the eyes and hers are white.

Quoting SewingMamaLele: Is she jaundiced at all? That would be my main concern.

I'd likely wake her every three hours or so... Don't even wake her, just tickle her mouth and try to get her to nurse every few hours, until the 2 week check up and she's gained at least 4oz above lowest and doesn't have jaundice.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)