Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 year old talking about killing?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 5:26 PM
  • 42 Replies

What would you do if your child talked about killing. We don't watch bad movies but he been talking about mommy's and daddy's being killed    and getting cut up. He also told me that his brother's are going to die as well.  I don't know what to do with this kid please help me.

by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 5:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jack90
by Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 5:50 PM

BUMP!

manna080
by New Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 5:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I would get an appointment with the child's Dr and see if they can refer you to a child psychologist.  That's not normal things for a 4 yr old to be talking about.

virginiamama71
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 6:02 PM

Is he away from you during the day? Most children would know this cause of tv, internet, hearing other people talk about it. If it continues than talk with your doctor about it.

jack90
by Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 6:05 PM

There was so much more he had said but i made  it short. When he was 3 he told me that if  any girl touches him he will chop her head off and throw it out the window. Because i told him he was going to be in school soon. Now he is saying that ghost are their to do it. I had took the flash cards away and he said mama the ghost don't like it when you take my flash cards. I ask him what will they do when i do, he said they will kill and cut. I have no idea where he is getting this. I even reccorded him saying these things. It was so random.

Quoting manna080:

I would get an appointment with the child's Dr and see if they can refer you to a child psychologist.  That's not normal things for a 4 yr old to be talking about.

jack90
by Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 6:07 PM

He goes to his grandparents house every other weekend. But that's about it. He never watches anything  bad.

Quoting virginiamama71:

Is he away from you during the day? Most children would know this cause of tv, internet, hearing other people talk about it. If it continues than talk with your doctor about it.

eggopreggo
by Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 6:09 PM
That's kind of scary. My daughter (4 also) has been talking about dying and killing. But there is a couple of boys in her class who are quite violent so I'm assuming she's getting it from them.
Is there someone at preschool, or a friend of his that maybe talks about that stuff?
virginiamama71
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 6:10 PM

It's time for a professsional to help you with this. (hugs)

Quoting jack90:

There was so much more he had said but i made  it short. When he was 3 he told me that if  any girl touches him he will chop her head off and throw it out the window. Because i told him he was going to be in school soon. Now he is saying that ghost are their to do it. I had took the flash cards away and he said mama the ghost don't like it when you take my flash cards. I ask him what will they do when i do, he said they will kill and cut. I have no idea where he is getting this. I even reccorded him saying these things. It was so random.

Quoting manna080:

jack90
by Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 6:17 PM
Quoting virginiamama71: yea :/

It's time for a professsional to help you with this. (hugs)

Quoting jack90:

Quoting manna080:

LauraBee46
by Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 6:19 PM

Definitely get him in with a psychologist, a social worker, and a neuropsychiatrist.  

Apr1l
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2015 at 7:59 AM
How do u know for certain?

Quoting jack90:

He goes to his grandparents house every other weekend. But that's about it. He never watches anything  bad.

Quoting virginiamama71:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)