Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Technology

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 6:06 PM
  • 28 Replies

Is it important for your child to be introduced to technology at the Preschool years? 

by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 6:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
a_and_j_momma
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 9:35 PM
No
nilyt7
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 9:50 PM
My son is 3 and knows how to use tablet and will plays on ABCMouse. I limit how much he uses it but its helped him learn things.
amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2015 at 8:59 AM

I don't think it's that important, though I know a lot of children who were exposed at an early age who are better with technology than many adults.

Madelaine
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2015 at 9:30 AM

I dont think so

AbbeysMom2013
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2015 at 9:58 AM
It is the world we live in isn't it?

I don't think it's super important, if you let them use it I would limit it.
RobynS
by on Mar. 5, 2015 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this

to some extent, yes. It's everywhere, so they need to know how to use it. But it also needs to be limited. My kids started playing computer games (on sites like Disney, ABCya, etc) as toddlers. The games are educational and they also get comfortable controlling the mouse, etc.

Apr1l
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2015 at 10:39 AM

important?  I dont think so

MistressMinerva
by on Mar. 5, 2015 at 10:48 AM

I agree with this.

Quoting RobynS:

to some extent, yes. It's everywhere, so they need to know how to use it. But it also needs to be limited. My kids started playing computer games (on sites like Disney, ABCya, etc) as toddlers. The games are educational and they also get comfortable controlling the mouse, etc.

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Mar. 5, 2015 at 11:52 AM

I agree with this.

Plus, with the way things are now, some schools rely quite a bit on technology, in the classroom. In my son's school they have been using iPads and computers since Kindergarten. They even have weekly computer class that started in Kindergarten.

Quoting RobynS:

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Mar. 5, 2015 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Exactly this.

Quoting RobynS:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)