Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone else have this kind of relationship?

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:23 AM
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have a great relationship with my ex! Except for the first few months after we split we have always gotten along. We did our own divorce and custody agreement and the judge approved both. I have dd one week and he has the next. It has always been that way and always worked. We are both remarried and we all get along great. When dd's bother was born I was living in SC and it was summer and she was with me I brought her back to NC to meet her new brother and visit with them. even kept their baby for a week when they took their honeymoon! Her family was going to but then her mom got sick. There was no alimony or child support paid by either side. I cannot understand why other families like mine fight all the time. Do you have a good relationship with your ex? BTW, dd loves her step-mom and step-dad.

by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
10isenough2
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:33 AM

Lucky for me, I don't have any children with my first husband and we have no contact with each other. My husband has 2 chldren from a first marriage and one child from a one night stand. We got along great with both mothers and we worked together.His 2 oldest are now adults anjd their mother passed away a little over 9 years ago. The other mother gave up her child to us and I have adopted him.

raye-chan
by Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:38 AM
My ex and I get along much better than we ever did when we were married. We both share the same thoughts on we're going to always have something to do with each other because of our son so we make sure we get along and always communicate. He does pay child support and the only person who complains about it is his current girlfriend.

Honestly, I grew up in a broken family so I always told my ex in case we ever split, I didn't want to fight like my parents did and he agreed. It feels nice to be able to hang with him when I drop our son off and shoot the breeze with him and I'm glad to know we are both happier being away from each other.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
a_and_j_momma
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:43 AM
Yep, we live 1/2 mile from each other. He has our son on his days off, 3 days in a row usually. We do joint parties, communicate well, etc.
a_and_j_momma
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:44 AM
I should say he does pay support though and half of daycare, sports
Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:49 AM

We are getting along pretty well, not divorced, separated and dating others, but still living under the same roof, which is very odd but it works for us. We have 3 adult kids who are out on their own, and when they come home we can all socialize well together, I love that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)