Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Expected family size? (this has been asked before, but is always fun to read)

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 12:50 PM
  • 77 Replies

How many children did you want when you were a child? How many do you have?

I wanted a small family- which is what I have.  My friend wanted 5 children, she has two.

by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 12:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
illogicalkat
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I've always wanted three. Husband only wants two. #2 is coming next month (I hope, maybe not until May though), and husband keeps saying "So we're done now, right?"

I keep telling him, "We'll talk about it in a year." He won't get a vasectomy, at least not yet, so I've got a bit of time to convince him (or for him to convince me.)

Oliviasmom18
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:24 PM
2 moms liked this
I wanted 6, DH only wanted 1. This summer we'll be having our third and last baby.
Serabeth06
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this

0, I have 3.

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Zero.
When I got married one or none.
I have 2 by choice. No accidents.

thatgirl70
by Carin on Mar. 15, 2015 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Growing up, I probably wanted 6-8, LOL. I think that had more to do with having so many names I liked and not being able to decide which one to use (btw, none of the names I picked out did I eventually use, LOL). As I got older (especially as babysitting really started to take it's mental toll) I wanted less. At the end, the most I wanted was 2 kids, but I am perfectly happy with having only one.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Mar. 15, 2015 at 4:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I think I wanted none lol.

I have two now. :)
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Mar. 15, 2015 at 4:04 PM
I think I wanted none lol.

I have two now. :)
Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 15, 2015 at 4:59 PM

:) 

Your due date is coming soon. :)

Quoting illogicalkat:

I've always wanted three. Husband only wants two. #2 is coming next month (I hope, maybe not until May though), and husband keeps saying "So we're done now, right?"

I keep telling him, "We'll talk about it in a year." He won't get a vasectomy, at least not yet, so I've got a bit of time to convince him (or for him to convince me.)

Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 15, 2015 at 5:00 PM

LOL!  Because of the number of names. :)

Quoting thatgirl70:

Growing up, I probably wanted 6-8, LOL. I think that had more to do with having so many names I liked and not being able to decide which one to use (btw, none of the names I picked out did I eventually use, LOL). As I got older (especially as babysitting really started to take it's mental toll) I wanted less. At the end, the most I wanted was 2 kids, but I am perfectly happy with having only one.

Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 15, 2015 at 5:01 PM

What is your avatar- I can't make it out?

Quoting AM-BRAT: I think I wanted none lol. I have two now. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)