Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Discipline help

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 8:51 AM
  • 27 Replies
I am at a stand still right now. My daughters are usually good for the most part. But lately things have been going do hill, they starting not to listen. I know a lot has to do with the way their dad does things when they with him. He don't discipline, so it makes it harder for me. I have tried knew things but nothing works. I need something that will get there attention and they realize that they in the wrong. Advice please.
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 8:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 9:30 AM

write up a contract with them. In it have what behaviors are expected in your home. Include consequences and rewards. let them help you so they understand just what you are expecting.

We did this so the kids knew we speak to each other with kindness, we are polite and respectful in our home. We keep our feet on the floor unless going to bed and no running in the house. Stuff like that.

mom_of_twingirl
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2015 at 5:05 PM

Okay thank you

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

write up a contract with them. In it have what behaviors are expected in your home. Include consequences and rewards. let them help you so they understand just what you are expecting.

We did this so the kids knew we speak to each other with kindness, we are polite and respectful in our home. We keep our feet on the floor unless going to bed and no running in the house. Stuff like that.

AbbeysMom2013
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2015 at 10:20 AM
I feel the key to discipline is being consistent and both parents being on the same page
Paigesmommy78
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2015 at 10:25 AM
How old r they chart of what's expected earning stars when following it and take things away when not following it and have to earn back by following the rules
ceciliam
by Cecilia on Mar. 18, 2015 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Nice idea. :)

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

mom_of_twingirl
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2015 at 10:32 AM
Thanks I try this but nothing works he dont help
emarin77
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2015 at 10:49 AM

The best advice I can give you is both you and their dad have to have a behavioral plan to follow.  Make a rules of the house list together.  Place the rule/consequence list in an area of your house that all can see.  Have a meeting all together, parents and children to go over the rules.  I learned this tip from the show "Supernanny."

mom_of_twingirl
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2015 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you ill try this

Quoting emarin77:

The best advice I can give you is both you and their dad have to have a behavioral plan to follow.  Make a rules of the house list together.  Place the rule/consequence list in an area of your house that all can see.  Have a meeting all together, parents and children to go over the rules.  I learned this tip from the show "Supernanny."

egyptian_mommy
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2015 at 11:50 AM
How old are they and what are they doing?
delanna6two
by on Mar. 18, 2015 at 1:05 PM

Hope things will work out...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)