Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What the heck do I do now?

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 3:25 PM
  • 30 Replies
Hi everybody, I'm new to the group. I have a 2 year old daughter who has recently gotten a nasty persistent rash behind her knees. Red, rough, scaly, and itchy. I've tried food elimination, coconut oil, and lavender oil.I've tried changing her soap, washing everything she owns, and frequent/less frequent baths. Anybody have any suggestions?? I just don't want her to be itchy anymore and I'm out of ideas. Please/Thanks!
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 3:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
a_and_j_momma
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:41 PM
Eczema?
ceciliam
by Cecilia on Mar. 17, 2015 at 11:05 AM

If it's a food allergy it may take some time to see any results. How long have you been trying to find a remedy and how long are you sticking to each possible remedy?

Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 17, 2015 at 11:34 AM
2 moms liked this

It may be time to take her to a skin doctor- dermatologist. 

bigmomma04
by on Mar. 17, 2015 at 11:48 AM
Sounds like eczema, take her to the doc, have you tried hydrocortisone cream? There is a lotion from curel that is for eczema that treats the itch.
Kmakksmom
by on Mar. 17, 2015 at 1:50 PM
Welcome! I'd take her to a dermatologist to determine what's up. Good luck. :)
timon95
by on Mar. 17, 2015 at 2:13 PM

i'd take her to the doctor. have you tried soaking her in an oatmeal bath. aveeno makes a soak. i would do that for ds when his skin would get very dry and irritated. also good lotion

goddess99
by on Mar. 17, 2015 at 3:14 PM

Oatmeal bath. Has her doctor recommended anything?

Southernmom924
by Member on Mar. 17, 2015 at 3:49 PM

Desitin diaper rash cream. The maximum strength one that is 40% zinc. It works wonders on any rash and sunburns. 

ladyvamp5489
by on Mar. 17, 2015 at 4:00 PM

eczema, try hydrocortizone cream,  nothing but Tide for clothes, Basis soap for baths and johnsons baby shampoo for hair, thats what helped me in flareups before i found Melaleuca 7 years ago, and havent had a flare up since. I have dealt with eczema since i was an infant.

DelilahsMom4108
by Jeni on Mar. 17, 2015 at 4:01 PM
That's what I would guess... that is a common place for it

Quoting a_and_j_momma: Eczema?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)