Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy after miscarriage

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:43 PM
  • 27 Replies
Hi ladies, I think I feel ready to get pregnant again. I just experienced my first miscarriage about a month ago and didn't expect to feel ready so soon, but I do.

I know emotionally this may be something I'm never 100% over and some days are easier than others, but I do feel ready.

Can you relate?
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1northwestmom
by Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:44 PM
Yes
MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 11:42 PM
2 moms liked this

I got pregnant 2 months after my miscarriage and ended up miscarrying again late term at 18.5 weeks, so I would recommend allowing your body to heal a bit more before trying again.  My doc recommended at least 3 months before trying again.  The pregnancy following a miscarriage will still have you feeling anxious until you are holding that baby in your arms.

here's my post MC baby and she was well worth the wait and anxious feelings! 

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 11:46 PM
My friend got pregnant the next month after her miscarriage and everything was fine. She also had another baby 10 months after her first.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceciliam
by Cecilia on Mar. 17, 2015 at 8:19 AM
1 mom liked this

I became pregnant a month after my miscarriage and everything was just fine. My son just turned 9 years old in January.

timon95
by on Mar. 17, 2015 at 10:37 AM
1 mom liked this

I got pregnant about 4mos after my miscarriage. I always felt like something was wrong and I was going to lose that one also, but nothing happened, just nerves getting the best of me. It's been 12yrs and I am still not emotionally over it, I still think of what could have been from time to time

sjenkins8208
by Member on Mar. 17, 2015 at 10:40 AM
Yes. After our first miscarriage at 7 weeks we started trying the next month. We got pregnant five months later. We lost that pregnancy at 24 weeks and decided for me to stop taking my bc pills about two months after that loss. We had been trying for over two years for our second by that point and figured it would take a few months anyways, we got pregnant the first try and now have another beautiful little boy.

Sorry for your loss and good luck with your journey
LaniBee
by on Mar. 17, 2015 at 12:11 PM

I got pregnant with my second baby a month after a miscarriage and although the pregnancy was normal and fine and the baby was perfect, I never did settle in and truly enjoy the experience. I was just too scared. But I think that would have been the case regardless of when I got pregnant again. My youngest girl is turning 14 in a couple of months.

Good luck to you!  (((hugs)))

jewelfroggee
by Member on Mar. 17, 2015 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband and I were not expecting to get pregnant right after my miscarriage but we were not preventing it either. We found out less than a month after my miscarriage that I was pregnant again. My rainbow baby is a happy and healthy 14 month old.

DelilahsMom4108
by Jeni on Mar. 17, 2015 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

My doctor recommended a 3 month wait... I waited and then it took a few months to get pregnant so a total of 8 months in between. My pregnancy after mc was tough and had complications but it was my 4 th pregnancy and I had some health issues.... I remember being excited and terrified through the entire pregnancy but now my baby is 1 and healthy and feisty and so worth going through all that heartache and fear for!
LivinTheDream3
by Member on Mar. 17, 2015 at 1:02 PM

Yes, I can relate.  I had 2 miscarriages and another pregnancy within 9 months.  The 3rd stuck. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)