Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Easter Basket Share

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 5:35 AM
  • 13 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I'm so excited for the girls to see!

I think we're on the last leg of this thing, lol- they're 6&8 and informed me today that the Easter Bunny is just a man in a suit. (But that Santa is real) Kids! Lol.

I used to be so organized and proactive about this stuff, this year I ran to Target wed and grabbed what I thought would be fun.

Little nerf guns and extra ammo, bubble blowers, little pencil pouches, big hero 6 stationary set, hello kitty tote, and a pack of gum. NO CANDY! :) (oh and mom got the things in the back. One is a frozen board game, the other is a foam rocket launcher)

Anyway, about $25 a kid, not bad. I always use the same baskets and store them. I buy the grass after the holiday for like $.10 - and always have a bunch.

Share yours if you'd like. :) We're doing a hint at my mom's today...
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 5:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Courtney610
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 4:12 PM
I forgot o take pictures. :( my boys each got a kite, frisbee, water gun, lego mini figure, book and a movie. Then the bunny left eggs outside for the kids filled with money (coins), and a few jelly beans.
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Apr. 5, 2015 at 4:35 PM

Awesome!  :)

I love the outdoorsy stuff for baskets. That being said, it's alternating between pouring and not pouring, all freakin day and we're supposed to be hosting the family egg hunt soon.  ACK!

Quoting Courtney610: I forgot o take pictures. :( my boys each got a kite, frisbee, water gun, lego mini figure, book and a movie. Then the bunny left eggs outside for the kids filled with money (coins), and a few jelly beans.

a_and_j_momma
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 11:50 PM

Mobile Photo

I bought them kites a week ago for a present from me. Their baskets were stuffed lol. They had fun
alexsmomaubrys2
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 11:52 PM

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Apr. 6, 2015 at 12:18 PM

Looks great, those eggs are huge lol!

My girls had a great time, too- I woke up to them on Sunday laughing their butts off, the rocket launcher was a favorite for sure. Hilarious.  :))

Quoting a_and_j_momma:

Mobile Photo

I bought them kites a week ago for a present from me. Their baskets were stuffed lol. They had fun

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Apr. 6, 2015 at 12:19 PM

I considered those ball skippers, they look fun!

Also, I'm totally jealous that you have that ropes course near you!  :)

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Apr. 6, 2015 at 12:22 PM
1 mom liked this
They are fun! I had one at their age. We are lucky that we live near a resort area so lots to do, but not cheap. Lol. The ropes course wasn't bad actually and we are going back and doing it again this weekend because my dad wants to take them and see them do it. Lol.

Quoting AM-BRAT:

I considered those ball skippers, they look fun!

Also, I'm totally jealous that you have that ropes course near you!  :)

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

bresmommy21
by Member on Apr. 6, 2015 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I only took pictures of the LO as the 2 older kids dont usually like having picture taken. You can still have fun when they are older, I still did Easter baskets for the older 3 they are 18, 17 and 13 they still appreciate it.

Night_Roane
by Member on Apr. 6, 2015 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

We also do relatively small baskets. There's the girls looking at some of their things. The baby also got a duck stuffed animal.

Then we went to church. The chocolates were our gift to them.

Then an egg hunt in the backyard with one golden egg. It had two quarters in it. I love that two quarters still excites DD#1 lol.

The baby is sunburned from a church easter egg hunt the day before. It had been drizzling and I really thought the egg hunt would be moved inside, but it warmed up and dried up quickly. She was only very lightly pink tinted on her shoulders when we noticed and brought her in, but it just kept getting darker and peaked yesterday. Omg I felt horrible and I was so embarrassed bringing her to church looking like that. But I've been putting coconut oil on it and I don't think she's even noticed it. Do I get props for only burning my ginger baby twice in her life when we live on the gulf lol? DD#1 doesn't burn, so it's been an adjustment always remembering to sunscreen.
kaffedrikke
by Member on Apr. 6, 2015 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Anya and Lucian with their loot. We keep it cheap. Husband planted me flowers and now it's snowing. Anya got a monster high doll and Lucian has 3d chalk.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)