Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

preterm labor TMI warning

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:48 PM
  • 28 Replies
Yesterday afternoon I went into early labor at 32 weeks. I was given a shot to stop contractions and baby and I were monitored overnight. When I stopped progressing, we were sent home early this morning. I was told to call if my contractions picked back up. A couple days before this all happened I started losing my mucous plug and having regular Braxton hicks. The day I went into labor they felt like period cramps, and then I started losing bigger pieces of my mucous plug and it was bright red instead of clear. Later on they were darker red and my contractions got stronger, at that point my dh and I were on the way to the hospital. When the Dr examined me she said my mucous plug was mostly gone and I was 2 cm dilated. Today I'm still passing some small light pinkish stuff and feel like my entire lower half has been hit by a truck. I'm wondering if anyone has experience here and can give me some insight into whether this baby could be coming sooner rather than later. I'm hoping for at least a few more weeks- but my family keeps saying they all think he's coming really soon. I'm worried since I'm alone most of the time and our hospital is over an hour away!
Edited to add that this is my 3rd baby and will be my 3rd c section. My last pregnancy with my 18 month old I had placental abrubtion at 38 weeks resulting in an emergency c section. I had preterm labor with him as well which was stopped and he wound up a full term baby although our vbac attempt was obviously unsuccessful.
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SnowWhieQueen
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:56 PM
With my 5 child I had pancreatitis due to blocked bile duct witch threw me into preterm labor. ..like 20 weeks I think. ..I had threads as well and was sent home after all the meds and ivs. ..but I don't remember pain....but I was in extreme pain before so that could be why...and my baby ended up 2 weeks late...I usually dilate early tho,...with all but my first
SnowWhieQueen
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:59 PM
And good luck!!!babies are amazing 😀
a_and_j_momma
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2015 at 2:02 AM
I went into preterm labor with my youngest and was also given the shot to stop it. I would take it easy for a while. I was put on bed rest for a few weeks.
momofsixangels
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2015 at 7:42 AM

I had contractions with my first at 6 months. I was given the shots. I had pre term labor with all my kids.Hope everything goes well for you and baby

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Apr. 6, 2015 at 7:46 AM
I had my labor stopped at 34 weeks, DD didn't come again until 2 days before her due date.

Is there a reason you didn't wait longer to get pregnant after such a traumatic experience with the 18 month old? Your body needs time to heal.
motherofzandz
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2015 at 7:50 AM

I have always had a lot of contractions and I always dialate early so with all 3 of mine I got shots to stop the labor. I honesly think there is no way to tell if the contractions and dialation will bring on baby or not. Try to take it easy and rest hopefully he will stay put a little longer. Did they do the test on you that tells if you are about it go into labor? Did they put you on bedrest ? It sounds like you need to be off your feet as much as possible. 

Hannahsmommy816
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2015 at 8:58 AM

hugs, sounds like if you have a concern, call them up!

LaniBee
by on Apr. 6, 2015 at 9:02 AM

No experience, but here's a bump for you. Good luck! 

hanshpartyof7
by Member on Apr. 6, 2015 at 10:12 AM
They didn't tell me about the placental abrubtion until I was already pregnant again. I was trying for a vbac, started bleeding but they said it was bloody show and I wasn't progressing fast enough and would have a c section later that day. Then I started bleeding heavily and they said oh well you're going to have a c section now then. But no one told me there was a problem. I thought they were just being safe. And then this pregnancy wasn't planned either. We had just decided to have a vasectomy and found out I was pregnant. Had I known about the placental abrubtion sooner I may not have chosen to keep this pregnancy for safety reasons.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2: I had my labor stopped at 34 weeks, DD didn't come again until 2 days before her due date.

Is there a reason you didn't wait longer to get pregnant after such a traumatic experience with the 18 month old? Your body needs time to heal.
alexsmomaubrys2
by on Apr. 6, 2015 at 10:15 AM
This is a great time for a vasectomy, the will have the all clear before you are able to have sex again.

Goof luck.

Quoting hanshpartyof7: They didn't tell me about the placental abrubtion until I was already pregnant again. I was trying for a vbac, started bleeding but they said it was bloody show and I wasn't progressing fast enough and would have a c section later that day. Then I started bleeding heavily and they said oh well you're going to have a c section now then. But no one told me there was a problem. I thought they were just being safe. And then this pregnancy wasn't planned either. We had just decided to have a vasectomy and found out I was pregnant. Had I known about the placental abrubtion sooner I may not have chosen to keep this pregnancy for safety reasons.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2: I had my labor stopped at 34 weeks, DD didn't come again until 2 days before her due date.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)