Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom says I look emaciated.

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:25 PM
  • 12 Replies
So I'm 5'4, 120 lbs. I have a one year old and breastfed, and am in the process of weening. I have never been a big girl, but I did use to have a little more curves(yes I miss them, they left after baby) I've been doing squats and occasionally exercise to try and tone & bring them back. I never was as health concious before having my son(reading labels, thiking of what im putting in to my body). I eat so much healthier now, fruits, veggies, no processed stuff, no sodas.. I eat balanced meals along with the meals I feed my son(been a stay at home mom) my mom really offended me the other day she told me how I need to take better care of myself that I'm obviously not eating like I should and need to eat more that I look emaciated. I told her what is she talking about I've never ate better or taken better care of myself but then just dropped it cause it hurt my feelings and caught me off guard. Anyone who knows me knows I'm always cooking or baking, my dad overheard her on the phone and think he was shocked for her to say that and made a comment about how I'm always posting pictures (yes I'm that girl, sorry!) of what I made. She's overweight and has been for as long as I can remember. Should I just drop it, or tell her how it hurt my feelings for her to be so negative to me and my body, I never say anything about hers. :/
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gabeys_Mommy
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:27 PM
I would discuss with her in a private sit down that she hurt your feelings.
AmaliaD
by Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:30 PM
I'd drop it unless she does it again.
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:41 PM
5 ft 4 120 is fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MusherMaggie
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 11:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Also, there's no need to wean your baby just because he's a year old. Baby-led weaning will be much easier on both of you, and he will be healthier. Don't be afraid to add some good fat to your diet--avocado, coconut oil, whole fat dairy, nuts, and plenty of protein. Your weight sounds on the low side of healthy, but a lot of it depends on your bone structure, too. You might want to have a thyroid check just to be sure e everything is in balance.

Margarett RBC Zavodnyteal ribbon

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 11:23 PM

110 to 145 is a healthy weight range.  For me, I would say 145 would be too heavy but certainly 110 isn't too skinny so you are well in the normal range.  

a_and_j_momma
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 11:35 PM
I would just tell her she hurt your feelings
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Apr. 6, 2015 at 1:18 PM
I'm 117 at 5.4. I run 30 miles a month. I'm also breastfeeding. I'm healthy.
brieornottobrie
by on Apr. 6, 2015 at 4:35 PM

That's tough, have you talked to her about it? Maybe try being honest with her and let her know that it hurt your feelings. Wishing you the best on this! Blessings! 

the brie's cheese knees 

Yami1980
by on Apr. 6, 2015 at 5:38 PM
Yeah I would speak with her in private and tell her how you feel to avoid a next time
virginiamama71
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2015 at 5:41 PM

agree

Quoting atlmom2: 5 ft 4 120 is fine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)