Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My baby doesnt want her bottle! UPDATE

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 12:22 PM
  • 31 Replies
I'm lucky if I can get her to drink 2 8 oz bottles a day.
Ever since I started her on solids she prefers solids over her bottle. She'll cry for a solid over a bottle.
Is this healthy?? Normal??
How much formula should she be getting now that she's on solids?
She's 6 months old.

UPDATE: so today I spoke with a doctor. He actually said to go with her cues. If she wants to eat 3 meals a day to go ahead and giver her 3 meals a day and water. Babies can now actually start cows milk at 9 months old.

Thank you for the replies though =)
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
la_bella_vita
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:15 PM
2 moms liked this

Well, I hate to be the first to reply but I can guarantee several other mom's will agree with me.

Before age 1, formula and breastmilk should be the most important. I would cut out solids until she is taking in the recommended amounts of formula and breastmilk. Food is extra, it's formula and breastmilk that are the most important!

momofsixangels
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:22 PM

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Well, I hate to be the first to reply but I can guarantee several other mom's will agree with me.

Before age 1, formula and breastmilk should be the most important. I would cut out solids until she is taking in the recommended amounts of formula and breastmilk. Food is extra, it's formula and breastmilk that are the most important!

You replied first and with great advice

egyptian_mommy
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:49 PM
How much solids is she getting?
mamamedic69
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:58 PM
I would decrease the solids and give her more formula or breast milk.
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 2:14 PM
We didn't start any solids till 6 months and not much. A little in the am and a little in the pm till 9 months or more.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kmakksmom
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 2:39 PM
I agree.

Quoting la_bella_vita:

motherofzandz
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 2:46 PM

Great advice!! How much solids is she eating? She needs the vitamins and nutrients in formula at this point eating solids is mainly practice

Quoting la_bella_vita:

strictmomhere
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 2:54 PM
Give her less solids she will get hungry and take her bottle
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eggopreggo
by Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 4:28 PM
Exactly why I'm concerned.
I cut down to only rice cereal in the morning and she still refused the formula.

Quoting la_bella_vita:

eggopreggo
by Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 4:29 PM
I cut down to rice cereal in the morning and she still refused formula.

Quoting egyptian_mommy: How much solids is she getting?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)