Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bedtime.

Posted by on May. 5, 2015 at 10:40 AM
  • 28 Replies
My daughter is 3. She stays up until around 11pm. This has been going on for about a month and a half. I get next to zero time with DH anymore.
She used to go to bed at 9pm like clockwork. We bathed. Snacked. Cartoon. Story then bed. All of a sudden this no longer worked. She would fight me to sleep until around 1030. Then I gave up on the hour and a half fight each night. It was too stressful.

Now we are stuck in this routine. I started skipping her afternoon nap so she'd fall asleep early. This works except she wakes up an hour or so later and insists on getting up to play, or fussing for the next hour... even if I already went to bed. If I try to leave her in her room she follows me, even to the bathroom. She just hates sleeping. I envy folks who put their kids in bed at 730 and walk out of the room.

What do I do?
by on May. 5, 2015 at 10:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrseoc
by on May. 5, 2015 at 10:56 AM
Bump
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on May. 5, 2015 at 11:02 AM
I'm not sure. My second child is a good sleeper.
sunflowers80
by Member on May. 5, 2015 at 5:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm so sorry you aren't having luck getting her to sleep. I actually just heard a broadcast today from Focus on the Family about how important that time is with your spouse after the kids are asleep...I really appreciated them saying that because I feel that way too and it's frustrating when our kids keep coming out of there room. I know your daughter is only 3, but they said to let the kiddo know that the time you spend together as a husband/wife is very important to our family and then walk them back to bed. Not sure if that would work in your situation...Ahhh, just found this article after doing a quick search! I knew I saw something on there recently. Hope it helps momma! 

mommato2lilmonkeys

3companytoo
by Member on May. 5, 2015 at 5:33 PM

My kids always slept better when they were kept very active. Can you take her on a long walk before her bath and bedtime?

Mrseoc
by on May. 5, 2015 at 7:53 PM
Not right before bed but we stay active every day. We actually just got home from a hike and DH is giving her a bath.

Quoting 3companytoo:

My kids always slept better when they were kept very active. Can you take her on a long walk before her bath and bedtime?

3companytoo
by Member on May. 5, 2015 at 9:03 PM

I hope she sleeps better for you tonight. Good luck!

johnny4ever
by on May. 6, 2015 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Don't give up..schedule a new bedtime.Maybe she isnt tired enough.

yvonne37
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2015 at 9:22 AM

first girlfriend i have to wake you up from that "put kid in bed at 7:30 and walk out" fairy tale.. lol.. never have seen it before.

Anyway, there are several things that come to mind. HOw is her bedding set up? meaning, does she have her own room, bed, how is the lighting in the room, are her toys out where she can see them?...

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
39 minutes ago
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on May. 6, 2015 at 9:29 AM

Aww sorry to hear this,
Start her routine earlier maybe,
Be consistent .. hugs to you :)

AbbeysMom2013
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2015 at 9:49 AM
I would just follow the same routine. Sleep patterns change a lot. Some nights with dd are rough, but we stick with the normal thing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)