Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

csection moms.... 2 days left for me. so scared.

Posted by on May. 5, 2015 at 12:40 PM
  • 31 Replies
I'm not sure how to shake this feeling. I'm terrified. It's all I think about all day :( this will be number 3 for me. I've done it before but why am I so scared! My first one was 8 years ago. It was an emergency and my epidural didn't work fully and I ended up feeling everything and was put to sleep half way through! Second was planned 6 years ago and it went great, I got a spinal and I was completely numb and awake the whole time. Recovery isn't easy but that's expected and I can handle that... it's just the actual csection that terrifies me...... any advice or positive stories u guys can share.
by on May. 5, 2015 at 12:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zdtmok
by on May. 5, 2015 at 2:52 PM
Why are you having a c-section?
a_and_j_momma
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2015 at 2:06 AM
I am sure all will go well. Congrats on your bundle
kay283
by Member on May. 6, 2015 at 2:11 AM
I haven't had a c section but It's normal to be nervous before surgery. Everything will be ok and soon you'll have your sweet baby in your arms. Sending positive vibes your way for a painless procedure and speedy recovery.
MusherMaggie
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2015 at 2:26 AM
Round your back well when they set the epidural. Don't be afraid to speak up if something is feeling right. Both of mine were c-sections; I recovered much better after the epidural with the second than I did with general anesthesia for the first.
kelly5678
by Member on May. 6, 2015 at 6:04 AM

Everything will be just fine! You are a little nervous because it's been a while since your last one! Just breathe in and out and be ready to welcome your lo to the world! Congrats and good luck!

yvonne37
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2015 at 7:25 AM

It is normal to fell nervous. Be sure to ask all and any question you feel you want to.. the medical staff is there for you. Keep focused on the end result.. your baby! :) 

Make a list of things to bring, so you dont have to be thinking about that. Might help to have something that soothes you with you, like a charm or maybe even a picture of your other babies :)

Everything will be just fine.  :)

mamamedic69
by on May. 6, 2015 at 7:26 AM
You'll be fine. It's been a while since your last one so you're a little more nervous.
Guerita6hijos
by Member on May. 6, 2015 at 7:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Not everyone is a candidate for VBAC....

Quoting zdtmok: Why are you having a c-section?
mommy2boys03
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2015 at 7:30 AM

Good luck.  I had 2 c sections and remember being that it isn't an emergency they don't have to rush and things will go as they should.  Only a few days left to see your baby.  Congratulations.

Guerita6hijos
by Member on May. 6, 2015 at 7:33 AM
This, her first two sentences are so true!

I had 7 c-sections, yep...7! :) It will almost be exactly like your other two, although over time the hospital may change procedures and it may not be like your other two experiences but generally speaking, its the same. You can do it! Keep us updated! :)

Quoting MusherMaggie: Round your back well when they set the epidural. Don't be afraid to speak up if something is feeling right. Both of mine were c-sections; I recovered much better after the epidural with the second than I did with general anesthesia for the first.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)