Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

your opinions? *edit*

Posted by on May. 5, 2015 at 11:34 PM
  • 31 Replies
Doc appt already scheduled. But what can this be? For 3-4 days my 3yr hasnt been eating much, and she loves food. Shes picky but not like this.. its diff. One day or two she had diarrhea. I think it was only on sunday that she had it. Sunday she asked for cereal as usual, Said her stomach hurt, then maybe an hr or so later she threw up. We went to a parade, there was only those mexican chips and water. Went to eat and she usually eats rice and beans. She ate a spoonful of rice and didnt want to eat. I dont remember if she ate later that day. Today she had cereal. For snack she had grapes and a bag of cereal. We were out running errands and she needed to eat something so she had half a hamburger but only ate half of that And a few fries.. she always eats all her food. She ate the rest of her half an hr later. She didnt want dinner. shes been drinking water, forgot i had pedialyte. She also had a dry diaper since last night Til today in the afternoon. Finally peed once or twice In diaper. Then went to the bathroom to pee not too long ago. No fever, no other symptoms. Just not eating like usual and stomach hurt the other day, diarrhea, and dry diaper. Speaking of diaper, she only wears at night and it was on today bc i didnt want her to have accidents in underwears With the diarrhea If it were to come back. So i dont need any judgement. TIA

** should i still take her to docs. . She feels better. She had breakfast, shes eating snack now which is cheese slice, grapes, and a healthy cookie. Shes been drinking water. She went to the bathroom to pee once since she woke up. Her diaper was once again dry from last night.
by on May. 5, 2015 at 11:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hannahsmommy816
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2015 at 7:46 AM

sounds to me pretty normal if she is acting normal but maybe upset stomach? idk let us know what doc says!

KatieJumonville
by Member on May. 6, 2015 at 7:51 AM
There's a stomach bug going around where we are in Pa. My 5 yr old was sick from Fri thru Mon. Belly hurt, throwing up, fever, diarrhea. He'd throw up and then play all day, eat and throw up. Your dr will make sure she's not dehydrated, and might prescribe something to ease the nausea If she's still throwing up.
cheetah90210
by Member on May. 6, 2015 at 7:59 AM
She may have had a bug on Sunday and is just getting over it sounds normal nothing I would worry about because she's still eating and keeping it down.
momofsixangels
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2015 at 8:11 AM

Quoting Hannahsmommy816:

sounds to me pretty normal if she is acting normal but maybe upset stomach? idk let us know what doc says!

I agree. I always go by how they act

Caidysmom
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2015 at 8:14 AM
Sounds like she's passing a stomach bug..
MusherMaggie
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2015 at 8:16 AM
Sounds like a stomach bug, and like she's doing what she needs to do to heal. Encourage liquids, and fruit like grapes and watermelon to keep her hydrated. It usually takes a week to ten days to get through this. I wouldn't worry about taking her to the doctor unless she starts getting worse instead of better.
alexsmomaubrys2
by on May. 6, 2015 at 8:20 AM

Quoting MusherMaggie: Sounds like a stomach bug, and like she's doing what she needs to do to heal. Encourage liquids, and fruit like grapes and watermelon to keep her hydrated. It usually takes a week to ten days to get through this. I wouldn't worry about taking her to the doctor unless she starts getting worse instead of better.

Exactly this. 

Also I would keep her home for a few days to let her rest and recover. 

johnny4ever
by on May. 6, 2015 at 9:06 AM

Is she going #2?

yvonne37
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2015 at 9:06 AM

I think she might just have a stomach problem, maybe a mild virus or something didnt agree with her and her belly needs to take a break. If she has not fever and she is still trying to at least eat and drinking water I think she will be fine. Its good that you are bringing her to her doctor.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:34 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on May. 6, 2015 at 9:15 AM

Maybe just a small bug & now feeling better,
Let us know what the doctor has to say :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)