Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

will we have time for us?

Posted by on May. 7, 2015 at 2:14 AM
  • 27 Replies
1 mom liked this
I have a 22-month old and I am 4-1/2 months pregnant with baby #2.

In the last month it seems like my husband and I are off. I put our son to bed every night. (He won't stop crying for me if anyone else tries to lay with him.) I usually fall asleep, but have been trying to stay up so I can get some one-on-one time with my husband. But by that point he's either climbing in to bed, or I find him passed out on the couch!

Our sex life has slowed a lot since we found out I was pregnant, so maybe he doesn't have such an urge to wait up for me? If we aren't spending much time together before this baby, how the heck will we get time together after the baby's born???
by on May. 7, 2015 at 2:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SissyAnn141
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2015 at 3:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Honey,

Keep talking, tell him how you feel.

Keep comuacation open between both of you.

LIFE HAPPENS, THIS IS THE BETTER OR WORSE PART...

group hug

MixedCooke
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2015 at 6:15 AM
Sometimes date nights need to be scheduled.
RobynS
by on May. 7, 2015 at 12:21 PM

you have to MAKE time. Trust me. If you don't, you will drift farther and farther apart. I know from experience. :(

kelly5678
by Member on May. 7, 2015 at 12:24 PM

Yes, time together with your partner should be scheduled if it doesn't happen naturally. It happens, we've all be there probably at one time or the other. Just try to organize some time together just for the two of you.

Gabeys_Mommy
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2015 at 12:27 PM
We just had baby #3 and there are days where I feel like we didn't even really look at one another all day.

Life happens. We talk about everything as much as possible and I always make time to tell him how much I appreciate him. We both know "this too shall pass"..
motherofzandz
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2015 at 1:13 PM

We had to plan sex. We didnt go on date nights much but we had to really both work at it. It doesnt always come easy and finding time for each other is hard sometimes. Now that my kids are a little older 2,4,and 7 they go to bed pretty smoothly so its not as big as an issue now but there was a time every second I got with my husband had to be planned. 

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on May. 7, 2015 at 1:14 PM
You have to make time. We schedule date nights. Well one kid is always with us- the baby. She is nursing so....
momofnatalie
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2015 at 1:41 PM

Yes, it gets harder when #2 comes, but you can become creative and plan little things to do.  Don't forget to sneak in moments of touching, hugging and a kiss here and there.  It will keep him inspired to stay awake for some couple time.

ladyvamp5489
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2015 at 1:45 PM

you need to stop laying down with your child at night, yes it may take time but keep consistant about just putting him to bed and keep it short and sweet, hug, kiss and a i love you good night. if he gets up tell him its bed time and put him back, again just keep putting him back in bed. watch supernanny, she has taught alot of families this in the same situation you are. 

Mom.Of.Two.2
by Member on May. 7, 2015 at 1:53 PM
I know. I've tried putting him in his bed and he cries until he chokes so I give in. My husband has given up so it's all on me and I get tired of it night after night!

I need to be better about bedtime. I have learned from the first kid and I won't be sleeping with baby #2. No way.

Quoting ladyvamp5489:

you need to stop laying down with your child at night, yes it may take time but keep consistant about just putting him to bed and keep it short and sweet, hug, kiss and a i love you good night. if he gets up tell him its bed time and put him back, again just keep putting him back in bed. watch supernanny, she has taught alot of families this in the same situation you are. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)