Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anybody had microdermabrasion?

Posted by on May. 7, 2015 at 6:54 AM
  • 14 Replies

If so, what did you think? Todd's help reduce wrinkles? Was it expensive? 

by on May. 7, 2015 at 6:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bamababe1975
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2015 at 10:45 AM

I've done some home kit type things that felt really nice but didn't seem to make much of a difference. If you're talking professional, I've never done that but I think you have to have it done a few times to see any real results? I don't know much about it.

Join us in The Beauty & Style Lounge! 

kelly5678
by Member on May. 7, 2015 at 11:08 AM

I've done it about 2 years ago. My sister is a beautician and I didn't pay for it, so I don't really know the cost of that. It will make your skin look younger, but not because it reduces wrinkles, it does take off all the dead skin cells and also makes depigmentation spots look a bit better. It is important to use the products they recommend after having it as your skin will be terribly dry and don't go out in the sun without serious sunscreen protection. It's not botox or whatever, much less invasive, you should try it once, but don't get your hopes to high.

RobynS
by on May. 7, 2015 at 12:11 PM

I've used the Mary Kay products that does that. It felt really good! I just used a free sample, though--didn't use it long enough to know if it helped with wrinkles or not.

Lovemmm
by Member on May. 7, 2015 at 12:13 PM
I've had it and I'm also an esthetician. Depending on where you live it can be pricey. I always kept my pricing low. I used a diamond tip and charged about $50 which is super cheap for my area.
It's manual exfoliation. It will remove dead skin cells and basically freshen your face. As far as wrinkles ehhh not so much. It depends on how deep the wrinkles are but generally speaking microderm isn't going to make much of a difference.
motherofzandz
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2015 at 1:02 PM

I havent heard of it but sounds like the others have some good advice. 

lalasmama2007
by on May. 7, 2015 at 1:47 PM

I haven't tried it, but here's a bump!

mamamedic69
by on May. 7, 2015 at 2:04 PM
I was looking into it but haven't done it yet.
CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2015 at 2:04 PM

I used to have it done all the time (but my cousin was an assistant at the dermatologist so I got it for free). I loved it! It doesn't do much for wrinkles like that, but my skin was so much smoother and softer and glowed. I have horrible skin and a lot of hyperpigmentation and it did wonders for it to the point where I didn't need cover up. One session won't cut it though and you usually need to go regularly. 

I now do the at-home kits, which works just fine for me.

jessicasmom1
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2015 at 2:11 PM

I have not done it

yvonne37
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2015 at 2:28 PM
I wish I could I think it would help with sun spots on my cheeks.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)