Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UPS urgent notice?

Posted by on May. 7, 2015 at 1:41 PM
  • 9 Replies
Today I got a paper from UPS saying I need to file theft charges because a few of my packages came up missing, I thought UPS wasn't delivering them but they showed me maps showing they was at my house and dropped them off, I signed the papers for them and now they want me to file a police report. I have some questions.
1) I have no time to go to the police station to file it, is their any other way to file?
2) if their is another way do they have to come to my house?
3) what will happen if I don't file?
by on May. 7, 2015 at 1:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ladyvamp5489
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2015 at 1:49 PM

Did you sign for them? if so then how would they go missing? If not then you need to call UPS and ask about them, if they say you signed for them you will need to get a discription of the person who did, call the police and ask how to report it. My dh works for DHL and they have a procedure for this kind of thing.  I would call UPS first tho.

KerriSue3
by New Member on May. 7, 2015 at 1:53 PM
I didn't sign for a package I signed papers for them that I never received them, they showed me a picture of the top of my house and said when they scan the package a picture is taken to show where it was scanned
CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2015 at 2:01 PM

Call up UPS and ask what the procedure is. They DO have protocol in place for things like this. They should also have the signatures on file. If I'm not mistaken, I sometimes am able to bring up the signature of whoever signed for the package on line when I track.

KerriSue3
by New Member on May. 7, 2015 at 2:15 PM
They don't do signatures at my house for packages they just drop them off
LuLuRex
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2015 at 3:52 PM

I'm not really sure, I've never heard of this. 

Here's a bump for other moms to see.

ladyvamp5489
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2015 at 3:57 PM

if you dont sign for the packages when they are delivered, you might just be outta luck if they have proof they were delivered. Once they leave them at your door, they no longer have responsibility for them. DHL requires signatures for all pkgs even if its in the form of a signed note with pkg number on it left on your door. or if they have a sig on file.

ladyvamp5489
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2015 at 3:58 PM

if you dont file a report, then you wont get your money back, you will be out of luck.

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on May. 7, 2015 at 4:06 PM

IF you don't file a report you lose money. That is enough reason for me to file.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

a_and_j_momma
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2015 at 10:34 PM
Call the police station and ask
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)