Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where is the best place to meet more couples like us?

Posted by on May. 17, 2015 at 5:11 AM
  • 6 Replies
My dh and I are in a unique situation apparently. We desperately want to meet other couples with children and like mindsets. But it feels like this is impossible. Everyone our ages seems incredibly immature.
We're 26
1 5yr old with another due in Aug
We're both serious students
He works full time
I'm a stay home mom
We own a house
Two cars
Don't drink or use drugs
We don't go out to bars, clubs, parties
We spend most of our time together (and enjoy/prefer it that way)
And we don't believe in blowing money unnecessarily.

Where on earth can we meet more couples like us that are close to our age? Any suggestions would be nice, I'm losing hope.
by on May. 17, 2015 at 5:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
AM-BRAT
by Amber on May. 17, 2015 at 5:14 AM
Through his work? School? Idk?
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2015 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this
We have met and maintained friendships through my childrens friends. In preschool when we started having friends over , we got to know patents and started inviting them over.
Bmat
by Barb on May. 17, 2015 at 9:54 AM

I met other couples with similar interests and backgrounds in our neighborhood. I'd take the children on walks and stop and talk with the moms who were outside, then we'd get together for lunches, and friendships blossomed from there. Also I've had friendships with the people I went to school with and their husbands. Some of our best friends right now are coworkers that my husband met at work and we all enjoy similar things (the two couples.)  I think what I am mainly suggesting is that you meet other ladies first, see how that friendship works out, and then progress to getting together as couples. If you jump right into getting together as couples and then find you don't like the wife, then it wouldn't work out.

Being active in your children's school is a good place to meet other people with similar interests, either the faculty or through parent/ teacher groups.

jessiebell1213
by New Member on May. 17, 2015 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this

i feel you me and my husband are 20 years old with 2 young children ages 1 and 4 months we dont go out and party or hang out with people late hours of the night we dont do drugs he works full time i am a stay at home mom we are both starting school this year so we can do better for our children unlike alot of people our age we pretty much have our life set on a great track we own our cars (no payments) we currently rent though because we are not permintally staying in the area we are in all of our friends are in another state because we moved 12 hours from home for my husbands job we dont know many people our age who are mature enough to be around with the children because we dont allow our children around anyone doing stupid things i dont know really what to tell you just know your not alone!

amonkeymom
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2015 at 12:58 PM

Church, work, your child's school.... you might even look into meetup groups.

ambcortez
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2015 at 1:01 PM
I feel like that. The couples who are our age are just starting their families, so the kids can't play together. The couples with kids the same age are 10+ years older and we don't have anything in common. We're just stuck in the middle.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)