• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

any advice?

Posted by on May. 17, 2015 at 7:25 AM
  • 36 Replies
Me and my fiance have been together going on almost 4.5 years. Here lately we've been having some issuses. While I was pregnant he started talking to another woman (she's married and has twins) and I caught him. Then he had me stay at my mothers for a night and went and cheated on me with said woman. I found out and found out he had been using the excuse of going to the store to look at baby stuff to go to hang out with her before he slept with her...not only one time either. Now he's apparently quit talking to her and our son is 7 months old but me and him have changed. I recently got back in contact with my high school sweetheart and first love. Turns out we both have the same feelings for each other that we did years ago. And I know it didn't work out for a reason and yadda yadda yadda but we only broke up cause my parents made me move 700+ miles away. I truely believe if I had the choice to have stayed we would have worked out. So nw my problem is my fiance and I talked and I admitted to talking to my ex he told me he trusted me and I caught him going through my phone...I haven't been home to see my family for over 4 years and most of my family hasn't even me my son. My mom is planning on taking a trip next month to go home for a week. But since my fiance is scared im going go leave him (which I believe if i wanted to id have every right too) he's threatening to call the police if I take my son across the state line. He's literally got me so scared I'm not sure if I wanna go. And I can't tell my parents the real reason he's making a big fuss about it. Any advice plz mommas?
by on May. 17, 2015 at 7:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lancet98
by Member on May. 17, 2015 at 9:08 AM
4 moms liked this

Dump the 'fiance' and forget about the high school love as well.

Time to grow up and stand on your own two feet and stop leaning on a man for a little while.   You have a child. You're a parent.  

Bmat
by Barb on May. 17, 2015 at 9:56 AM

You seem to realize, from what you wrote, that it is over anyway.

Time to move forward as a mom and a strong woman. As far as custody, consult a lawyer and get loose ends taken care of.

LaniBee
by on May. 17, 2015 at 10:24 AM

Is there some kind of court ordered custody agreement in place? If not, you can take your son wherever you want. There's nothing he can do about it, unless he goes to court to get some kind of emergency order. 

strictmomhere
by on May. 17, 2015 at 10:31 AM
Honestly I don't see u wanting your fiancé may be time to call it off
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
strictmomhere
by on May. 17, 2015 at 10:32 AM
Go to family court get custody so u have no issues traveling
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AbbeysMom2013
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2015 at 10:56 AM
I would stay you really don't want to be with this man. And you need to get a custody agreement ASAP. You will have to deal with this man for the rest of your life due to your so . Maybe call and speak to a lawyer and see if he can actually stop you from leaving the state with your son to visit family.

And I would be Honest with your mom about what's going on, it will eventually come out.
dakotah_knight
by New Member on May. 17, 2015 at 11:30 AM
No we don't have any custody arrangement cause we live together and are still together.
splatz
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2015 at 11:39 AM

I think you guys both having some growing up to do. I'm with the other ladies.. sounds like its over between you guys anyways. So take the steps to move on if that is what you are wanting. But, you need to put your son first. Not some ex love. As far as custody, the sooner you get a plan in place the better. 

momofsixangels
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2015 at 12:55 PM

From what you wrote its over and you need to break up with him.I wouldnt jump into a relationship with your ex. I would be friends and see where it goes.

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2015 at 1:44 PM

Oh my, dump his ass.  You should have the first time he cheated.  Stay away from men. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)