Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

how often

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2008 at 10:01 AM
  • 3 Replies
Hi my name is Cindy I have 8 month little boy who was born 2 1/2 months early, and the Doctors tell me to go by the age he would be if he was on time . Well needless to say I am a first time mom and i don't know how often I should give him baby food or what kind of crackers should give him. If any one can help me I would be forever thankful 
by on Jan. 13, 2008 at 10:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Dawn100173
by on Jan. 13, 2008 at 10:14 AM
That is definitely a pediatrician question.  I don't know much about preemies, so I would say that calling or scheduling an appointment with your pediatrician to discuss this would be your best bet.  I would hate to offer advice that would harm your beautiful little one.  Good luck
Dawn
Jaydansmommy
by on Jan. 13, 2008 at 2:56 PM
My Daughter was actually late was very small and had stopped growing and came out weighing 6lbs 14 lbs but - I was a preemie and my best friend had a preemie too.  From what I heard AND read (I did alot because they said she was going to be so small, and it was LIKE she was a preemie dunno if this makes sense but this is what they told me !) My daughter is now 8 months too, I feed her 1 jar of fruit in the morning half of fruit, half veggie in the afternoon, and cerial mixed with a fruit at night. I give her teething cookies throughout the day and she loves them, just make sure to keep an eye on them while they eat them.  If your son wants more give him A LITTLE more but make sure that most of his diet is made up of formula. I was also advised that at night to mix more water in the formula than usual because it can lead to teeth decay from sitting in their mouths. So like when I used to powdered formula I think it was 4 oz put 2 scopps, I would put in 5 or 51/2 water, with 2 scoops.So they are still getting all the nutriants needed, but it just delutes (sp?) the formula  a bit. Email me if you have any questions and I can try and help!

Hope this kinda helped you out...
25beengoodtome
by on Jan. 13, 2008 at 3:53 PM
 Is he eating solid foods now? just take it slow and easy, introducing new foods. there are sooo many crackers and finger foods for babies in the baby isle at the grocery store. just take a slow stroll there, and carefully choose something, be sure there's not a lot of sugar.( in the ingredients list, the more of an item, the higher on the list. so, you want sugar to be near the last listed.) just take your time & read those labels, mommy!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN