Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Newly engaged, Widowed 2years after 22 years of marriage

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2008 at 1:32 PM
  • 2 Replies

Hello, my name is Cherry, I have 3 daughters, 25,23, and 15.  And 2 wonderful grandchildren. Aug 2005, My husband was killed on his motorscycle, due to a deer.  I miss him very much as do our girls. I do have a boyfriend and he is wonderful. But it is not my 1st love. I recently was proposed to on Christmas morning, a pleasant surprise. All my girls were there when he did this and of coarse I asked them first. I hope this is a good move toward another life of bliss. Just feel a little guilty letting completely go or should I not let go? 

by on Jan. 13, 2008 at 1:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Jaydansmommy
by on Jan. 13, 2008 at 1:41 PM
Honey your not letting go he will ALWAYS be in your heart! He lives through your kids. Just because your making another step in your life doesnt mean you dont love him or miss him. I'm sure he would love for you to move on and be happy! What did your girls say?
MistyGrl
by on Jan. 14, 2008 at 12:34 AM
Please don't feel bad. You're not cheating on your deceased husband.. nor are you letting him go. No matter what you do in your life he will always be apart of you.. in your and through your children.

Honestly.. you have to move on. You still have to put your time in on this earth.. you still have to live. My father has been gone 7 years next month. I wish my mom would meet a wonderful man and share the rest of her life w/him.

I am very happy for you and I hope your children feel the same. I would imagine a new marriage will be a period of adjustment for everyone... don't feel guilty because you've found happiness or love again...you deserve it.

God bless,

Darlene
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN