Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my mother in law is totally hating on my kids that isnt her bio gran kid. advice?

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2015 at 1:26 PM
  • 32 Replies

so for years now my husbands mother has totaly singled out my kids that arent her bio gran kids. ive had one with her son that does no wrong. and he has one form a previous realtionship tha tis the same. but my others.its always" you dont discipline them enough" they need more rules, they sre so full of drams, they shouldnt be allowed to do that, why dont they have  to do this, why are they this? why can they do that?, not to mention all the special girfts she buys the others tow \and conviently says the other two havnt "earned". i want to tell ehr off so bad. my husband says he stalked to eher. my mom and sister are getting pissed. they are really noticing it lately. do i tell her off? i mean they girls are old enough that they have actually asked if the woman hates them. im so flustered.frustrated

by on Jun. 15, 2015 at 1:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rhodin
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2015 at 1:29 PM
4 moms liked this

Just return any gifts unopened until she learns to play fair.

lilmoosesmom
by Member on Jun. 15, 2015 at 1:31 PM
4 moms liked this
If she can't be nice to them all, then she doesn't have to see any of them.

Send any gifts back and tell her children shouldn't have to earn gifts.

She doesn't have to love them but she does have to respect them
CaptNumo9
by on Jun. 15, 2015 at 3:25 PM

It sounds like a tough situation. Do you think you and your spouse can sit down with her away from the children? She needs to know that her actions and words are impacting your children negatively. Do you think that your children are responding to her treatment of them? It is like a big cycle, she distrespects them and they respond. If she wants them to act positively toward her, she needs to be respectful of them and fair. Here is an article about MIL's that is answering a different question, but it might give some advice.

-notautomatic-

timon95
by on Jun. 15, 2015 at 4:12 PM
1 mom liked this

i agree, you talk with her and ask her why she hates your kids so much.

Quoting CaptNumo9:

It sounds like a tough situation. Do you think you and your spouse can sit down with her away from the children? She needs to know that her actions and words are impacting your children negatively. Do you think that your children are responding to her treatment of them? It is like a big cycle, she distrespects them and they respond. If she wants them to act positively toward her, she needs to be respectful of them and fair. Here is an article about MIL's that is answering a different question, but it might give some advice.

-notautomatic-

family car

othersideM
by Member on Jun. 15, 2015 at 4:15 PM
When kids start to notice, you know it is bad. Kids don't forget that stuff.
LoveMyBoyK
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2015 at 4:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I would sit down with her and respectfully explain that she is hurting your kids and you will not allow that. Either she treats all the kids tge same or she does not get to have contact with any of them. Tell her that gifts will be returned unopened until such time as she can see fit to include your children and there will be no phone calls, no video chats, nothing. If she can not accept her step grand children, that is her choice, but she will NOT have any further opportunites to hurt them. Be respectful but firm and unbending.
PinkGlitterBomb
by on Jun. 15, 2015 at 4:56 PM
Cut her out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kmakksmom
by on Jun. 15, 2015 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't allow that negativity in my life.
egyptian_mommy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2015 at 9:33 PM
This. Although at this point I probably wouldn't be so polite about it.

Quoting lilmoosesmom: If she can't be nice to them all, then she doesn't have to see any of them.

Send any gifts back and tell her children shouldn't have to earn gifts.

She doesn't have to love them but she does have to respect them
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:36 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jun. 15, 2015 at 9:48 PM

I like this :)

Quoting Rhodin:

Just return any gifts unopened until she learns to play fair.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)