Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

HELP!!!

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2008 at 2:23 PM
  • 1 Replies
i am a new member here and would like to get some advice from some of you.  I have 7 of my own kids (yes from the same father), and have 2 of my sister's kids here now.  they were taken out of her home due to drugs and such.  My sister is still waiting for sentenceing on them.  My niece (17) will be going to live with her dad in California when she finishes this school year.  i am glad that she has that opportunity, I will miss her but her father should be the one to have custody of her. Now for my nephew (10). his father doesn't even know he exists so we may be able to get him permamentaly in March 08.  my real need for advice is this.  My sister is pregnant and at 4 1/2 months tested possitive for coke and pot and something else i know nothing about. the social worker says that my sister will 95% surely lose rights to this baby.  I am completly ready for the challanges of taking care of a "crack baby".  i have read everything i can get my hands on.  my husband however says that he doesn't want it.  i think that it is due to the drug problems.  we are not getting (yet) financial support for the other two kids but i did apply, this baby will be taken care of medically be the state because of the terms of it being taken away from my sister.  i know that i would be the best thing for this baby but not sure if i should insist that i help out my family by adding to this one.  any help or thoughts PLEASE let me know whay you think.
by on Jan. 13, 2008 at 2:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
ilovecoffee95
by on Jan. 13, 2008 at 2:27 PM
I would fight,what if the tables were turned at it was DH sister? Robin
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN