Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

baby monitors???

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2008 at 3:28 PM
  • 4 Replies
Any really good monitors anyone has used?  do you really need a movement sensor? or a camera monitor?  some with better reception when needed for upstairs/downstairs reception?  i have looked and read and stidues and now i am more confused than i was before.   thanks for any advice!!!!  melissa
by on Jan. 13, 2008 at 3:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Stephanie528
by on Jan. 13, 2008 at 3:31 PM
I just used the regular blue and white monitor with no sensory alert and no camera,It had the monitor and 2 recievers. I believe it was fisher price, but I cant say for sure - I KNOW it came from babies R us because thats where I did my registery. Think about it, we turned out perfectly - and out mothers didn't have the cameras!! I even freecycled it to someone else, and they say it worked great from them too!! Don't waste a ton of money spend a good 25-30 dollars, or put it on your registry and be done with it!
Live, Laugh, Love
Jaydansmommy
by on Jan. 13, 2008 at 4:01 PM

I think the camara and all that other crap is silly unless you really need it. One thing I can suggest is get ones that have recharable batteries. I went through 2 different monitors before the one I have now  which I LOVE! Its a fish price one I got from Wal Mart It was like 38 bucks. One the monitor it has these little things that show when the baby is crying and of course you can hear but ya lol. The ones that arent rechargable I would get radio on it and hear peoples conversations. It was driving me insane. This one has a display and you have 10 different channels you can pick on it.  I love it its on the wal mart web site too.. Hope this helps!

mommyat37
by on Jan. 13, 2008 at 4:09 PM
We have a Fisher Price baby monitor. It has ten channels so if you pick up some interferance just change the channel. It comes with 2 hand set. We can use them either on the charger or off. It gives a low battery signal so you know when you need to put it back on the charger.
Jaydansmommy
by on Jan. 13, 2008 at 4:23 PM

Quoting mommyat37:

We have a Fisher Price baby monitor. It has ten channels so if you pick up some interferance just change the channel. It comes with 2 hand set. We can use them either on the charger or off. It gives a low battery signal so you know when you need to put it back on the charger.

Yup thats the same one I have and I LOVE IT!  Best thing ever.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured