Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Birth Control( Depo Shot)

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2008 at 11:28 PM
  • 18 Replies
Is it normal to miss a period after beginning the Depo Shot?
by on Jan. 13, 2008 at 11:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MistyGrl
by on Jan. 14, 2008 at 12:26 AM
I've never had the shot. One of my friends did and yes she actually missed a few periods. If you're very concerned call ur Dr... his/her nurse should be able to answer your question w/out you needing an appt.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

God bless,

Darlene
kindydavis
by on Jan. 14, 2008 at 12:43 AM
I was on the depo shot for three years and never had a period the whole time - so I would say yes -- I also know some one who had it every other week on it - so it just depends :)
Kindy
SAHM of 3 DD
Ashtyn 11
Kamryn 8
Jaelyn 4
klaytonsmommy
by on Jan. 14, 2008 at 6:17 AM
I've been on the depo shot twice. The first time i had no period the whole time i was on it untill the time came to go get it again, and the second time around, i bled lightly the whole three months then didn't have a period for a few months afterwards. so yes it's normal. even tho i guesss normal with the depo is differnet for everyone, and may be different if you get off of the shot and then back on so i hope this helps!
AustynPresley
by on Jan. 14, 2008 at 12:06 PM
Hi. I was on Depo for about three years and it is normal to miss your period. I had a great experience at first using Depo, however, after the third year I honestly gained about 50 pounds. I am not lying at all. I also suffered multiple periods of numbness in my body. I had to see a Neurologist who then explained it was caused by Depo. I would reccommend looking into something else. Just offering honest advice from someone who knows all to well the side effects of it.
Lovingwife2pj02
by on Jan. 14, 2008 at 3:01 PM
I didn't have any periods when I was on the Depo shot..That was one of the aspects I had grown to like about that one..hehe..
Alb
by on Jan. 14, 2008 at 3:21 PM
I was on the depo shot for almost two years and never got a period.
butterflyziggy2
by on Jan. 14, 2008 at 3:26 PM
I had the worst time with the depo shot......i just kept on my period for a long time.....i think i would only be off for like a week then back on....I hated that shot......the best birth control that i love is seasonal......you only have 4 periods a year.....it is great
BreannazMomma
by on Jan. 14, 2008 at 11:41 PM
I was on Depo for almost a year...I would go 3 months without a period then get my period for anywhere from a month up to 2 months straight.  It all depends on the person but for as long as you're on depo, you prolly won't get your period back on schedule.  Don't stress it.  Besides, depo makes you unfertile for up to a year after you stop using it...
loulou332
by on Jan. 15, 2008 at 3:40 AM
yeah , some people dont even get their monthlys when they have it , so expect your periods to be up the wall .
BJM90
by on Jan. 15, 2008 at 9:33 AM
Girl I loved my Depo shot! I was on the shot for 5 yrs. No period, nothing, It is very normal, it will act different for everyone, no one woman is the same. Be careful tho- but enjoy it also!!!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN