Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teething Torture!

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2008 at 12:38 AM
  • 4 Replies
Hi, my almost 5 month old is about to cut his first tooth and I'm about to go nuts, his teething ring & baby orejel aren't doing the trick.  Any suggestions?
by on Jan. 14, 2008 at 12:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Jaydansmommy
by on Jan. 14, 2008 at 12:53 AM
Girl mines 8 months old has her 2 bottom teeth and is getting more. Its HORRIBLE! I use the orijal and tylenol. Make sure you dont over due it though it can mess with the kidneys. A cold wet washcloth... My daughter doesnt like Binkys but I gave her one and she just sits and rubs it on her gums! Uhmm... They have teething cookies... I dont really give them to her though she tries to take to big of chunks. She did better with them when she was littler than she does now! Baby Food she likes. I dont know if its the texture or something. She chews on her baby spoon with the rubber on the end, again I sit right with her to make sure she doesnt put it down her throat. Really theres not to much, just a sucky horrible time. Im sorry but just know I'm going threw the SAME THING!
macmomsangel
by on Jan. 14, 2008 at 1:48 AM
Do you have any old keys that you don't use anymore?  If you do boil them and get them real clean.  Put them on a big keychain to keep from being a danger.  Let her chew on them.  That is how I got through all 3 of my children teething.  Don't know what it is about keys that babies like but it sure did help through the teething.  Ice pops are another thing that I found work pretty good.  Good luck.

Cheryl
Suga_Buga
by on Jan. 14, 2008 at 2:43 AM
Lavender also is a natural way to numb the baby's gms. Thats what Ive been doing for son.
BlakesMom30
by on Jan. 14, 2008 at 7:52 AM
My 3 boys always loved to chew on my leather purse strap. I would get them there own piece of leather strap, or a leather belt with out the buckle. Something smaller would be a key chain, the ones that are about 3 inches long.  This has always worked for my boys and my sisters 4 children as well. I hope this helps you in some way.

BlakesMom30

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured