Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What preparations do you make for company?

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 5:52 AM
  • 15 Replies

I have several family members coming to visit before the end of the month,  assorted stays and times.  The only overlap will be when my sister and granddaughter are here and I'm not sure if my sister will want to share the bed with my granddaughter. I'll ask them. 

What do you recommend that I do to make sure my company is comfortable?

by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 5:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bmat
by Barb on Aug. 8, 2015 at 7:29 AM

I always have extra toothpaste and toothbrushes for company. And I make sure the sheets are freshly laundered.

lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 9:39 AM
2 moms liked this

I clean the entire house. shop and plan meals I know my guests have had here and enjoy. I make and have dessert which we normally dont .

Make sure bedrooms have fresh sheets, box of tissue on night stand, couple of paperbacks. I pout a candle and lighter in rooms of adults.  I put a stack of towels, washcloth, spongy net thing (use them instead of washcloths) on the dresser. If I know they are going to be traveling into the city I leave a copy of the train schedule.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Aug. 8, 2015 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this
That's nice! :)

Quoting Bmat:

I always have extra toothpaste and toothbrushes for company. And I make sure the sheets are freshly laundered.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Aug. 8, 2015 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this
I think I hosted my gma once lol. Oh- maybe my mom...

Idk, we don't have people here a lot. I would def clean and have food availae to grab. :)
Bmat
by Barb on Aug. 8, 2015 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I hadn't thought of food they can grab if they get hungry between meals-  good idea!

Quoting AM-BRAT: I think I hosted my gma once lol. Oh- maybe my mom... Idk, we don't have people here a lot. I would def clean and have food availae to grab. :)

Bmat
by Barb on Aug. 8, 2015 at 1:09 PM
1 mom liked this

These are good ideas. Thank you. :)

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

I clean the entire house. shop and plan meals I know my guests have had here and enjoy. I make and have dessert which we normally dont .

Make sure bedrooms have fresh sheets, box of tissue on night stand, couple of paperbacks. I pout a candle and lighter in rooms of adults.  I put a stack of towels, washcloth, spongy net thing (use them instead of washcloths) on the dresser. If I know they are going to be traveling into the city I leave a copy of the train schedule.

virginiamama71
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I do extra cleaning, make sure bedding is fresh and clean and fridge is stocked with food. smile mini 

WILDCATGAL78
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I have extra soap, clean the bathroom, put towels in there, wash sheets and pillow cases, vacuum, and make sure I have plenty of food and drinks. 

emarin77
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I always vacuum, clean the kitchen, bathrooms.  My son has to clean his room.  My husband vacuums it.  Dust the electronics and any other things.  My dad wants to sleep in our apartment so we will wash the sheets/blanket this coming September when he is here with my step mom.  My dad lets me know if he wants to eat at our house before he visits.

mischele
by Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 8:05 PM
1 mom liked this
We don't really have company so if it would happen I would clean my entire house
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)