Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How did you react?

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 1:56 PM
  • 24 Replies
How did you react when you first found out that your teen was sexually active? Was it how you thought you would?
by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 1:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HunnyBabie
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this

My teen isn't sexually active.

I hope I would react very calmly and respectfully, but I would definitely try to guide them in the morals and values that oru family believes in.

virginiamama71
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 2:01 PM

My son is almost a teen so nothing going on for him now. I would hope to react the same as the Mom above said. 

Zazayam
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 2:02 PM

We haven't gotten there yet. I don't even know how I think I'll feel, lol. Nervous I guess. I hope I've gotten the safety talks to sink in.

yvonne37
by Silver Member on Aug. 9, 2015 at 12:49 PM

my son came to us and told us.. i was sad, but didnt let it show.  we just talked some more and my husband made sure he had protection. I dont like it, but at the same time I am happy he at least trusts us to tell us everything he does. We explain to him not to take advantage of girls... i have actually told him "you wouldnt want a boy taking advantage of your sister right?" lol.. that puts pressure on him. He has had 3 girlfriends so far and has respected them, had sex only with the one that wanted to and she was his same age.  It is a sad moment when they tell you, its like you actually see them grown.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:29 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Aug. 9, 2015 at 12:51 PM

Mine were late teens & I wasn't surprised :)

momofsixangels
by Gold Member on Aug. 9, 2015 at 1:31 PM

My girls are not.My ds I dont know if he is.He is 18. My oldest dd denied it until she was 19 and then told me the truth.I have always been open with my kids about sex and told them they can come to me.I was hurt my oldest lied to me about it

Rlmori2010
by Member on Aug. 9, 2015 at 1:34 PM
My daughter is only 4, but I would hope that she would come to me freely and ask questions, I hope I can stay calm and not want to kill the boy it happened with. Now my husband he for sure will flip out and want to have a sit down with the boy with his gun in hand.
la_bella_vita
by on Aug. 9, 2015 at 1:40 PM

No teens yet but here is a bump : ) 

lil_mama06
by on Aug. 9, 2015 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this

My daughter's can't date til they are 18...Our eldest saved herself for her husband on her wedding night...My second didn't, but was 18, so no control over it...Our 3rd has a boyfriend (she's 18) and if they decide it's their business...My 16 year old, isn't sexually active..How do I know that, her male "friend" is a marine and he's deployed...Plus he lives across country from us...

lil_mama06
by on Aug. 9, 2015 at 1:44 PM

I don't like the idea either...BUT at least the communication is open, that's KEY....I think teens need us as much as babies do...Not the obvious, but the emotional,soundboard,help with making decisions area...Contrary to belief, teens are VERY fragile.... 

Quoting yvonne37:

my son came to us and told us.. i was sad, but didnt let it show.  we just talked some more and my husband made sure he had protection. I dont like it, but at the same time I am happy he at least trusts us to tell us everything he does. We explain to him not to take advantage of girls... i have actually told him "you wouldnt want a boy taking advantage of your sister right?" lol.. that puts pressure on him. He has had 3 girlfriends so far and has respected them, had sex only with the one that wanted to and she was his same age.  It is a sad moment when they tell you, its like you actually see them grown.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)