Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't blame her

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 5:00 PM
  • 43 Replies
SO and i were visiting his mother and like I said his son is agrressive and thinks he should get what he wants whenever and he is known to hurt small animals and laugh and time out and slapping his hand doesn't work.

Today he was being very bratty and wouldn't stop hitting and kicking her she snapped and slapped him, SO flipped out but in all honesty I can't blame her, SS not only was hitting her but taking things from his aunts such as food and toys and would scream at them and hit them and wouldn't stop. After being slapped he stopped acting out.
by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 5:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MusherMaggie
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 5:57 PM
1 mom liked this
He needs a neuropsychology workup. He sounds developmentally delayed and in need of serious help, and those who are caring for him as well.
Chelsealynnengl
by Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 6:06 PM
You can tell them all you want but they think it's a faze nd thin that he is perfectly fine... I am honestly the only one who is seeing how bad he's becoming and I can't help but wonder if anyone will notice or if it'll be to late... I don't think it's normal for a four year old to act this way

Quoting MusherMaggie: He needs a neuropsychology workup. He sounds developmentally delayed and in need of serious help, and those who are caring for him as well.
yvonne37
by Silver Member on Aug. 9, 2015 at 12:44 PM

well good for her.  people dont believe in spanking and always try to do the medical or the "talk" route... but sometimes i think it is ok to do so. Your SS is either extremely spoiled or is going through problems (real problems as in something is not right at home, if he doesnt live with you or he has medical problems) which his dad should find out, either way, if he calmed down and stopped his behavior then to me it seems nobody has taken the time to show him what happens when you act up and your mother in law did.

hugss
by on Aug. 9, 2015 at 12:50 PM

I do agree with this & hopefully he gets it,
Otherwise yes I would probably seek medical help.
Hugs to you :)

Quoting yvonne37:

well good for her.  people dont believe in spanking and always try to do the medical or the "talk" route... but sometimes i think it is ok to do so. Your SS is either extremely spoiled or is going through problems (real problems as in something is not right at home, if he doesnt live with you or he has medical problems) which his dad should find out, either way, if he calmed down and stopped his behavior then to me it seems nobody has taken the time to show him what happens when you act up and your mother in law did.

Chelsealynnengl
by Member on Aug. 9, 2015 at 1:05 PM
I've been trying to set something up but SO always makes up a reason not to go (closest place is a hour away) and he either says it's to long a drive he's tired he's got work or my new fav it's just a "faze"

Quoting hugss:

I do agree with this & hopefully he gets it,Otherwise yes I would probably seek medical help.Hugs to you :)

Quoting yvonne37:

momofsixangels
by Gold Member on Aug. 9, 2015 at 1:13 PM

Quoting yvonne37:

I agree

lil_mama06
by on Aug. 9, 2015 at 1:37 PM

I don't blame her either....Sometimes it just needs to be done....

lil_mama06
by on Aug. 9, 2015 at 1:38 PM

I fully agree....

Quoting yvonne37:

la_bella_vita
by on Aug. 9, 2015 at 1:40 PM

He sounds like he needs serious help, good luck and best wishes

hugss
by on Aug. 9, 2015 at 1:43 PM

Aww then can you take him yourself?

Quoting Chelsealynnengl: I've been trying to set something up but SO always makes up a reason not to go (closest place is a hour away) and he either says it's to long a drive he's tired he's got work or my new fav it's just a "faze"
Quoting hugss:

I do agree with this & hopefully he gets it,Otherwise yes I would probably seek medical help.Hugs to you :)

Quoting yvonne37:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)