Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Court for noncompliance

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 12:01 AM
  • 23 Replies
Stbxh hasn't been paying cs and there is a hearing at the end of next month. I have never dealt with cs or been to court for it. He signed the papers voluntarily to get cs started. What can I expect? I'm in NC.
by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 12:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AuntFib
by Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 2:02 AM

I have no idea how the system works in NC. In other states, the judge will ask if you have received any cs, and will ask Dad if he's aware he owes this much and why he hasn't been paying. Depending on the judge, he can give the dad time to get payments taken out of his check and work on catching up back cs, he can lower cs payments if the dad claims a lower income than he originally had...  Usually, the first court appearance is a reprimand with strong consequences if a return to court is needed.  I hope it all goes smoothly for you.

goddess99
by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 8:26 AM

Your name will be called by the judge, you'll both stand if your ex is there and he'll ask why he hasn't been paying. You'll likely more listen than actually speak. Good luck. If your ex isn't there the judge may issue a bench warrant and ask if you know where he is.

LaniBee
by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 8:43 AM

It depends on the judge, really. It can be as easy as a few questions and answers, to jail time for contempt of court. 

Hannahsmommy816
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 9:56 AM

i would assume a custody agreement and child support $

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:30 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 9:57 AM

Not sure but hope others can help :)

AbbeysMom2013
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 10:02 AM
I have never personally felt with this. But they will probably give you a custody and child support order. Good luck
momofsixangels
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 10:38 AM

Quoting LaniBee:

It depends on the judge, really. It can be as easy as a few questions and answers, to jail time for contempt of court. 

This.And maybe paperwork to start taking cs directly out of his paychecks

la_bella_vita
by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:15 AM

I have no idea but good luck <3 I hope it goes smoothly and is worked out

mikesmom65270
by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:53 AM

It should be a fairly simple process. He is in the wrong, so you shouldn't worry. They will probably order him to pay cs and also back cs, to be taken out of his paycheck.

motherofzandz
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:14 PM

I dont know but I think he will be ordered to pay and that will be that. If he doesnt have visitation he might get issued it 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)