Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Jobs

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:25 AM
  • 18 Replies

What kind of things do u ladies from home to make extra money?  How do u make money if your friends are selling something and then try and get you to sell it?  A lot of the people they know I also know so who get the sale?  Why do friends suggest work from home jobs that they are doing? Aren't they trying to recruit people/ buyers and won't that just put us in a race to be the first to claim someone.  Like if he are bith selling same product or both trying to do in home day cares or babysitting? I just don't see how it works and I don't want to step on the toes of my friends? What do you guys do from home to make money?

by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 8:29 AM

I don't do this, but there are plenty of ladies who do. Hope someone can help you =)

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Sep. 25, 2015 at 8:31 AM

I believe with companies of that kind your friends will try to recruit you on to their team because they will then in turn make a profit off of your sales.

I started my own home based craft business back in 2006 and was quite successful with that.

I also sell things from around our home that we no longer use, as long as the items are still in great condition.

It's been a couple of years since I have done either of the things mentioned above but I'm slowly getting back into it.

LaniBee
by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I have never tried any of those kinds of jobs. Seems like too much work!  lol

Wish2Be
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 9:10 AM

I baby sit and run a very tiny ebay store , but it doesnt pull in much money.

Wish2Be
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 9:12 AM

These are called Pyramid companies and its reallly not worth your time. I got sucked into Avon once and it depleted all my funds just because I had to pay for all the samples, catalogs, and bags....it was absolutely a waste of time and money :(

Quoting ceciliam:

I believe with companies of that kind your friends will try to recruit you on to their team because they will then in turn make a profit off of your sales.

CafeMom Tickers
virginiamama71
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this

I tried the direct sales and to me it's alot of work and not enough money to make, even for extra money. plus I'm not a sales person. 

virginiamama71
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 9:38 AM
I had the same issues with Avon. LOL
Quoting Wish2Be:

These are called Pyramid companies and its reallly not worth your time. I got sucked into Avon once and it depleted all my funds just because I had to pay for all the samples, catalogs, and bags....it was absolutely a waste of time and money :(

Quoting ceciliam:

harmony7
by Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 9:43 AM

I am a work from home playground sales representative. I have a full staff in the office 3  hours away backing me up. I am the main bread winner in our family

I also have a mini farm /dairy I make cheese, caramel and other goat milk products such as soaps for gifts and to sell

I have 40 hens, I sell the extra eggs as well

The only time I have done direct sells and pyramid type and ...frankly I have done most of them.... is just long enough to earn my kit money back. I never found enough money in any of it to actually make it worth my time and effort

daisy_farts12
by Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 9:43 AM

I don't sell things, I hate how pushy all of them end up being trying to make sales and recruit people, and honestly they seem like pyramid schemes, I really don't think anyone is making that much money from them. I do babysit from home, which is a huge headache but it buys our groceries.

Hannahsmommy816
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 9:57 AM

selling anything i think is a quack unless it's Avon or something like that..products people WANT to buy, not have them shoved in their face

babysit on the side, that's what i do!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)