Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP! i dont know what to do tmi

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2008 at 6:47 PM
  • 8 Replies
i am 31 weeks preg and since like 3am i woke up out of a dead sleep and felt real nauseated and my stomach was cramping really bad i keep trying to go to the bath room thinking like maybe i have to poop it even feels like it would be diahrea coming on but every thing is normal coming out and then this afternoon i went to go put my boots on they slip on i couldnt get my foot ini faught with it its real hard to lift my leg up but i put it on and my ankles are so swollen these boots normally clunk when i walk because they are a little big i dont know what to do and what is going on
by on Jan. 14, 2008 at 6:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Stacym143
by on Jan. 14, 2008 at 6:49 PM
With you being so close to your due date I would def. ask your doctor. It could be early labor symptoms or something.
1stimemomof1
by on Jan. 14, 2008 at 7:07 PM
It sounds like you have preeclampsia.  I would call your dr. ASAP. They may put you on bedrest.  The craps could be braxton hicks contractions.  I was put on bedrest at 31 weeks due to preterm labor. Keep us posted! Feel free to PM me.

LandonAndLeila
by on Jan. 15, 2008 at 12:15 AM
ok so i went to the doctors tonight to try and figure out what is going on they ruled out that it isnt toxemia they dipped my urine and they said it was a little dry so they had to put me on an iv to flush fluids and when the nurse came in i asked if she was good at this and she says no i am terrible so i said that in the past probs with ivs they had to put warm packs on my arm so she tried and couldny get it on the first try so someone else came in to do it on the other arm just same spot she had no probs and i said now that hurts less than the first time and she said oh well i used a smaller needle well DUH if some ones veins are dull by dehydrating then wouldnt you want to use a smaller needle to insurre your veins dont collspse
sexymomma212004
by on Jan. 15, 2008 at 12:22 AM
Did they even test you for preclampsia?  Thats when it usually shows up is around this time.  It also could be early labor.  I had the same problem with my first kid around 32 weeks and it was just early labor.
Sabrina aka proud momma of Corwin II and Keegan
LandonAndLeila
by on Jan. 15, 2008 at 9:14 PM
they tested me for the pre eclampsia and toxemia and everything came back fine and my blood preasure was good i have had preterm labore before they checked for contractions which i was having before they pushed fluids but what i am not understanding is i am more swollen today than what i was yesterdaymy hands are bed they kinda look black and blue under neath and my feet are so bad that when i walk i cant feel my toes they feel like they are asleep my son was just diagnosed with upper respitory and ear infection and i really cant sit and relax to put my feet up hes always whining and getting into stuff typical kid stuff
practicalchick
by on Jan. 15, 2008 at 9:16 PM
Go get checked out for the sake of that little one inside of you!

PRACTiCAL CHiCK

Usborne Books at Home
Independent Consultant

Did you know that Jan. 19 - 20 is Eagle Awareness day? You can get the Usborne Books of Birds for $8.95! Usborne Books is supported by Sonlight Homeschooling Curriculum!

angellpn
by on Jan. 16, 2008 at 11:09 AM
I would keep calling your OB doc. I am a nurse and those are classic symptoms of pre eclampsia which can lead to eclampsia which can result in seizures. Some swelling is ok. But if it's worsening espically in your hands and knees, that is a sign. Also if you have sudden weight gain that can also be a symptom. Please don't ignore these symptoms. Elevate your feet as much as possible. Call your doctor!
ZoieLD
by on Jan. 16, 2008 at 11:37 AM
Definitely call your doctor and if you can't get them i would head to the hospital.  Don't take any chances with that precious little life or yours. 
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured