Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you taken CPR? First Aid?

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:10 AM
  • 26 Replies

Have you taken CPR and First Aid?  What group did you take it through? Why did you take it?

by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes I am certified in both. I take it through American Red Cross. I work as a nanny. Potential clients love that I'm certified.

Bmat
by Barb on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Good for you!  If I were looking for a nanny I would want one certified in these, too. :)

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Yes I am certified in both. I take it through American Red Cross. I work as a nanny. Potential clients love that I'm certified.

Linda_Runs
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:32 AM

I am certified in both by the Canadian Red Cross.  My husband is an Military Emergency Medical Responder instructor.   I think my certification has run out though as more than five years have passed.

harmony7
by Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes certified many times and my last cpr certification was when we adopted the boys.

Pam in Alabama
A Mom to nine sons and one daughter with five still at home
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, I was a medical assistant.  I took it through the Red Cross.  

WILDCATGAL78
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, I am certified in both! I took it through my job since it's a requirement (I work for the school district). There is guy actually through our Transportation dept, that teaches it throughout the year. 

illogicalkat
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes to both. I was an electrician in the Navy, we were required to be CPR certified. I took the classes through the base clinic; in California, my certification was through the Red Cross, but overseas it was through the American Heath Association. Same training, the cards were just issued by different agencies.

Bmat
by Barb on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:21 PM

Is the certification good for 5 years there? Here where I am it is only two years. Mine has lapsed, too, but I read up on it. It is good that both you and your husband have studied these.

Quoting Linda_Runs:

I am certified in both by the Canadian Red Cross.  My husband is an Military Emergency Medical Responder instructor.   I think my certification has run out though as more than five years have passed.

Bmat
by Barb on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:23 PM

goodVery wise. I took it originally because my husband was at risk, but while taking it I found that it is needed for children also, more than just heart attacks.

Quoting harmony7:

Yes certified many times and my last cpr certification was when we adopted the boys.

Bmat
by Barb on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:24 PM

I also took it through the Red Cross. When I was teaching older adults I was careful to stay certified even though not required to.

Quoting atlmom2:

Yes, I was a medical assistant.  I took it through the Red Cross.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)