Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rent

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:43 PM
  • 41 Replies
This is basically a rant post cause I need it.

I owe $800 to my apartment complex by Monday or I lose my home.I can't tell my girl on her birthday we have to move out that day.

I've tried bank loans, borrowing from family..idk what to do.

I need someone or somthing to give me a loan I cN pay over a few months.

I'm scared, I don't want to lose my home, I dont want to lose my daughters home..sheleter is the next option but those are only a two week option.

Anyone got good advice or vibs or anything?

I got this month rent for the end of the month, but I only get two paychecks every other week..one for bills, one for rent.my last paycheck that was for rent, was taken for collections.

EDIT****

my ex called and asked how long I have to pay before they let me go(I'm at work all day), they asked the situation, he said she paid a bill and didn't have rent money.
They like me And told him to tell me, pay the 654 rent and pay the late fees later, they like ms as a tendency, I'm quite, I pay on time.
Now to figure out how to get $654
Cause I did. Call charities, but they can give me half or less and I have to pay first and they will cover the remainder, but I cnt even cover part, not to mention I have a week starting tommorow(Tuesday) and no money except the rent for next month
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mystic_Magic
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:44 PM
2 moms liked this
Get another job? Try to set up a payment plan?

Sell whatever you can?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 1:22 AM

Quoting Mystic_Magic: Get another job? Try to set up a payment plan? Sell whatever you can?

This.  If you have to find a second or third job, pawn whatever you can, establish a payment plan with the debt collectors, file bankruptcy, get WIC/food stamps so you can use whatever money you do earn on rent and other necessary essentials.

ready4happiness
by Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 4:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Do you have a Salvation Army, a Good Will? I'm sorry you are in such a bad predicament. Talk with your local social services and see if there is some program that can help you. Good luck. My heart aches for you. I have been there and it is so hard.
mom2bahandcch
by Queen of the World on Oct. 9, 2015 at 4:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Call 211, they can give you resources. Other than that try local churches, they might be able to help.

Have you tried talking to your landlord? Maybe they would be willing to take payments.
Fayanne
by Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 6:01 AM
1 mom liked this

'taken for collections'... what are you behind on? where else does your money go?

move back in with your parents for a while til you can get back on your feet?

redheadstar
by on Oct. 9, 2015 at 6:05 AM
Have you triec contacting a Church or your local Social service office?
iamcafemom83
by Mariah on Oct. 9, 2015 at 6:07 AM
Check with your city for help! We have a program here that helps with utilities, rent and mortgage payments.
Also if you work for a corporate-ish job often times they will have a fund employees can apply to in case of emergencies. Ask your HR about that. When I worked for target, we had one.
sanj1213
by on Oct. 9, 2015 at 10:09 AM
I would sell everything in my home. $800 is a lot to come up with with little time.
AbbeysMom2013
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 10:48 AM
Have you tried state assistance? Any family or friends that can loan you the money?
WILDCATGAL78
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 11:14 AM

I agree! Check with the Salvation army, your city or area churches. They often have programs or you can apply for help. Is there any way you can make a payment plan with your apartment complex? Good Luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)