Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

What would you do?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2008 at 11:50 PM
  • 9 Replies
If you had concerns about your child's development for the first 3 months and kept telling your Dr.  Your Dr. tells you not to worry give him time.  You feel this is not right decide to change Dr.s and when you pick up your child's medical records to take to the new Dr. you find that none of your concerns have been documented.  In fact the Dr. went as far as to write in every report for each visit  that you had no concerns.   What would ya do?
by on Jan. 14, 2008 at 11:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Dolphins54559
by on Jan. 14, 2008 at 11:53 PM
I would be happy that I am switching doctors and make sure you tell the new doctor that you did have concerns and see if that doctor that can help you.

MamaT710
by on Jan. 14, 2008 at 11:54 PM
Oh I would be fuming mad....But first I would have to regain my composure because if I went or called down there they would hang up or throw me out...After all you are talking about our kids well fair and future.  I would have a serious talk with teh clinical staff supervisor and the Dr. and have something done...A repremand is in order and I would have another Dr. at the facility see me before I went out if no Dr. is avaliable I would be calling the Department of Health and Human Services.
applescentyummy
by on Jan. 14, 2008 at 11:55 PM
Bitch out your old doctor and tell your new doctor that this has been a concern and that your old doc never cared to write it down...would amke your new doc pay more attention to your concerns.
Jaydansmommy
by on Jan. 14, 2008 at 11:56 PM
I would be freakin pissed! I would call up the old dr off and talk to someone about it, and I wouldnt stop. Im just that kinda person though when it comes to my child. make sure you let the new dr know that you have concerns and see what they say, dont tell them about the other dr. Just let them know how your feeling and see what they say about it.
klpeter
by on Jan. 14, 2008 at 11:59 PM

Quoting Jaydansmommy:

I would be freakin pissed! I would call up the old dr off and talk to someone about it, and I wouldnt stop. Im just that kinda person though when it comes to my child. make sure you let the new dr know that you have concerns and see what they say, dont tell them about the other dr. Just let them know how your feeling and see what they say about it.

Thank you everyone for you opinions!  I can't believe I am having to deal with such a situation!  I would like to know why you would not tell the new Dr. about the old Dr.?
babydol0826
by on Jan. 15, 2008 at 6:31 PM
Definitely change doctors.There are so many out there you are bound to find one that you are comfortable with and that really listens to your concerns about your children.I mean what is wrong with that doctor that is what he or she gets paid to do!!
ZoieLD
by on Jan. 16, 2008 at 11:40 AM
Definitely change doctors.....that doctor is an idiot. Also most states have an intervention program. they come to your home and test your child. If you qualify they will set up a program for you and come to your home and work with the child until age 3. You can talk to your new pedicatrician about it. They should have the number for intervention in your town.
25beengoodtome
by on Jan. 16, 2008 at 1:02 PM
I would be so glad to be rid of a doctor that seemed unconcerned about your child, and warn any expectant friends you have in the area, about this . Have a straight talk with your new ped. if you ever run into problems with drs. again, bring along another adult, as a witness.
threesharelove
by on Jan. 16, 2008 at 3:21 PM
I would be sure that my new doctor listened to me and I would ask to see everything they wrote down. I'm sure they would understand, given in the situation that you have been in. Good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)