Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

horrible eater

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2008 at 6:41 PM
  • 1 Replies
My daughter is the worst eater EVER!!! She doesn't eat very much at all whether it is baby food or table food. She drinks her bottles well and loves water. When we do get her to eat she is very picky at what she wants to eat even though we have always tried to give her a variety of foods. Lately no matter what the food is even cheerios she will put them in her mouth and suck on it and then spit it out. Today I gave her a 3rd dinner for lunch and it had some potato bits in it and she spit the potato bits out and sucked down the rest. I am at a loss. She will be 1 next month and will need to get off the bottle. She does well drinking water and juice out of her sippy cup and I have tried giving her whole milk but she hates it!

How can I take the bottle away next month when she turns 1 since this is all she has  to eat?
by on Jan. 15, 2008 at 6:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
callykat20
by on Jan. 15, 2008 at 6:55 PM
First off there is no set rule saying you have to take the bottle away at the age of 1.  Especially if you are having concerns about her eating habits.  My son used his bottle until he was about 18 months.  Consult your doc, let him/her know how long it has been going on.  They may want to put her on a multi-vitamin to ensure she's getting the nutrients she needs.  It might be just a phase.  Also, try reducing the amount of times you give her a bottle.  She may be getting it too often and therefore when you try feeding her, she's too full to eat.  Some kids are just plain picky eaters, maybe you'll be lucky and she's just getting that stage out of the way now so that when she's 6, she'll eat anything.  lol

Michelle
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN