Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I need help!!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2008 at 12:31 AM
  • 3 Replies
my 4 year old wont do anything i say and she's been acting out lately a lot too i know we're going through some stuff rite now but how can i help her adjust and get her to follow directions better cause my two year old is starting to act like her older sister. I recently left thier dad and we have to live in a shelter now and there are a lot of rules and there are like 20 other women with thier kids and it's totally stressing me too, i feel like i cant do anything rite with them. I'd also like to know how to get her tested for ADD cause she's showing all the signs of what i did as a kid with ADD i need all the info i can get. PLEASE HELP!!!!
by on Jan. 16, 2008 at 12:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
binder5
by on Jan. 16, 2008 at 1:03 AM
As far as the acting out it helped my  daughter deal with things when we played house.  I would bring up somethings that we were confronting and ask her how her baby felt.  It helped me to understand where she was coming from.  Also for the time being I eased up on the disiplen and tried to talk to her when she was calmed down.  At that age they don't know how to deal with there anger.  Hang in there it gets better
lailahsmommy
by on Jan. 16, 2008 at 1:27 AM

God Bless you

harted4
by on Jan. 16, 2008 at 4:07 AM

I have recently started taking a parenting course. I found with my children that if I put the responsibility on them that they are more conscious of their actions and how they affect others. I ask them one simple question. " Are you doing the right thing?" When i started this i sat them down and told them that I can not do this by myself! At daddy's (aka grammy and grandpa's) their are 3 adults and 3 kids here at home their is one of me and 3 of them. Also here at OUR home we have rules and regardless of where they are i expect them to follow those rules. We also have values! (IE kindness friendless honor respectfulness etc.) I told them that this is their warning there will be no more! The choice was theirs. Do the right thing and the right thing happens. Do the wrong thing and the wrong thing happens. end of story no if's and's or butt's. when i started to apply this the other thing i learned is that everything after but is bull shit! there is no but, there is responsibility for their actions! i have a 4 year old as well and she gets it! When the wrong thing is done (especially with my 9year old) all i say is an item name. they know now that it gets turned over to me until they show me they can do the right thing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN