• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Let's talk mattresses!

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:56 PM
  • 39 Replies
What kind of mattress do you have?

DH and I are in the market for a new one because the one we have is killing our backs :( We have a platform bed, so we just need the mattress, not a whole set. I'm a side sleeper and he's either side or back.

Any suggestions?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Melissa_4
by Member on Feb. 1, 2016 at 12:00 AM

We are in need of a new one too, and I'm the side sleeper, while hub is a back/side sleeper.  I need good support but lots of cushioning, and he needs support.  We found the Beautyrest World Class Recharger is the perfect one for us.  Has individual coils with a hybrid top (foam and gel).  

beadingmom17
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2016 at 12:02 AM
Oooh, that sounds nice...our mattress was okay at first, but there's, like, no give to it anymore.

Quoting Melissa_4:

We are in need of a new one too, and I'm the side sleeper, while hub is a back/side sleeper.  I need good support but lots of cushioning, and he needs support.  We found the Beautyrest World Class Recharger is the perfect one for us.  Has individual coils with a hybrid top (foam and gel).  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetLuci
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2016 at 7:28 AM

I found the best way is to go to a store where you can lie down on the mattress, and not just for a couple seconds. Tell the salesperson you have a platform bed, so they can steer you to ones that would work for you. and then tell him to let you be there for a bit, close your eyes, pretend you're trying to go to sleep and see how it feels. That's what we did. It's been several years and it still feels great. 

Bob192
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2016 at 8:07 AM

We went and tried them all out and found which one we liked best.  It took us several weeks before we found one. Some stores let you take them back after a while if they don't work for you. But to do this I think you have to purchase a special mattress cover from them.

Linda_Runs
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2016 at 8:11 AM

We have a bamboo mattress.  I won't lie, it is not cheap, but the best sleep ever.

goddess99
by on Feb. 1, 2016 at 8:22 AM

We want to eventually get a sleep number bed.

mama2b100808
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2016 at 8:39 AM

I only the size. Lol I have no idea what kind of mattress I have. Just know it isn't a memory foam one. LOL

Hannahsmommy816
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2016 at 8:47 AM

i think we have a sealy posturepedic..it's great! it's plush or pillow top

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:32 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Feb. 1, 2016 at 9:03 AM

We have the gel like/memory foam I think it is,
Very comfy ..

momofsixangels
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2016 at 9:15 AM
I'm not even sure but we need a new one
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)